M62 Eco gm flash idles / runs rough (loud exhaust) after warm start - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
M62 Eco gm flash idles / runs rough (loud exhaust) after warm start
Monday, November 07, 2011 5:39 PM
Wierdest thing I have the gm flash on the stock pulley with the m62 charger on my ecotec. Whenever I go into a restaurant to eat and come back out my car idles and runs rough for a bit. Then it is fine. It's fine on a cold start too. The exhaust seems louder almost like it is leakIng when this happens too. It threw a check engine code today. I'm taking it up to autozone in a bit to have it run. Any ideas?

Re: M62 Eco gm flash idles / runs rough (loud exhaust) after warm start
Monday, November 07, 2011 5:47 PM
report back with the CEL

Monday, November 07, 2011 6:33 PM
p0303 misfire cylinder 3 and p0203 injector circuit condition. We think its just a stuck open injector on cylinder 3. It basically pours gas into the cylinder after you turn the car off hence the misfires and rough idle. When you leave it overnight it doesn't happen because it evaporates. Sounds reasonable. I have some injector cleaner to run through there, but I was waiting until my tank was lower. (instructions say to do it on a near empty tank) I am at 3/4 a tank now so I'll wait until I am at half a tank maybe? Or should I just go ahead and add it?
Monday, November 07, 2011 6:35 PM
They were used injectors btw that I put in there from a lsj so the fact that they might be dirty doesnt surprise me.
Monday, November 07, 2011 7:05 PM
add it...or id reccommend putting a 1/3 can of seafoam in a full tank and running that.
Monday, November 07, 2011 9:15 PM
I went ahead and added it. Hopefully I fixes the issue.
Monday, November 07, 2011 10:25 PM
The reflash also sucks for the most part. Runs really rich on the stock pulley, so if you do indeed have an injector stuck open, it's certainly not helping.

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 5:34 AM
Well I added the injector cleaner. Seems like its running with a little more pep and the code went away. Yeah I'm waiting until I get the h/e on there to mess with the tune and or pulley.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search