Washer fluid relocation? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Washer fluid relocation?
Tuesday, November 08, 2011 5:00 PM
You guys that are boosting and running your IC piping through the driver side fender, where are you relocating your washer fluid reservoirs? Are you installing some kit or fabricating something up, or just removing them completely?
For a dd the removal wouldnt be an option as its a safety feature I would never completely do without.
This could also be for an N/A cavy that is simply eliminating that factory air box to run a true CAI.
Pics if ya got'em!

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.

Re: Washer fluid relocation?
Tuesday, November 08, 2011 5:32 PM
95-01 toyota tercel washer bottle.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=334428&t=334425

ill be doing the same thing but for different reasons.

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 6:00 PM
:O excellent idea! Now I wonder how he wired it... thats what id like to do regardless of being boosted right now...just clean that fender area up

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 3:38 AM
use the tercel pump and pig tail. its a 2 wire pump just like our stock pump.

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 5:09 AM
I, like you, had to keep washer fluid for sure. My stock tank is still in the factory location. You can get pipe around it easy enough if you have to..

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 8:28 AM
I tried this, my piping goes into the bay here though, so this was a bust. I didn't want to go under the car for any of this.

Thursday, November 10, 2011 12:39 PM
alex, so does the pigtail just plug right up to our stock wiring harness? I cant imagine it being a simple plug n play..so if not, do we just splice the two wires and seal that off?
I would like to remove the factory setup anyways cause its such a big block of 'sh!t' like the OEM intake boxes, just a waste of space. I like to keep my engine bay as empty and clean as possible.

Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:36 PM
no its not plug and play but just cut and splice id assume. i haven't installed mine yet and is still sitting here in the box,. but both pumps use a simple 2 wire setup. cut, sotter, and shrink wrap.

Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:55 PM
i really dont think its that much in the way... its quite thin and works without modifications. But thats just me. It even has a spot across it where its indented so that you can run the pipe right by it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:58 PM

Thursday, November 10, 2011 10:36 PM
Do we think this could be done without removing the bumper? I know we can get the bottle and resonator out through the fender liner, but can we get the trecel one in and bolted in? I mainly want to do it to get a 10 pound piece of plastic out of the car and replace it with a 5 pound piece, and free up room to stick my intake and my monster filter in there.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Friday, November 11, 2011 6:35 AM
Leafy,

Yes you can, just have to remove the splash shield.

I was thinking about trying this this weekend.

Friday, November 11, 2011 6:36 AM
Yeah I'm trying to find a yard with both the trecel washer tank and GA control arms.

FIY, this place has it for the same money that all the junk yards around here want for it, and this is a new unit. Your text to link here... Only issue is that it doesnt come with the connector. And I cant seem to find the connector.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, November 11, 2011 7:14 AM

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search