bad supercharger bypass? - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: bad supercharger bypass?
Thursday, November 17, 2011 6:14 PM
Yeah buddy!! Now you get to see how useless 1st gear can be haha. Huge difference I can imagine from the lack of routed air through the charger. Is that gauge spiking like it should now haha? Good to hear that fixed her.

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Thursday, November 17, 2011 6:38 PM
CaliforniaDomestics wrote:Yeah buddy!! Now you get to see how useless 1st gear can be haha. Huge difference I can imagine from the lack of routed air through the charger. Is that gauge spiking like it should now haha? Good to hear that fixed her.

yup first gear sucks ball. lol. just wait til you pulley down! hahahahahahaha. i have to baby the car to have any use of first. if i were to drive now how i did before the blower, i would spin the tires ever time i left a light.

how you doing in the west side alan?

Friday, November 18, 2011 8:57 AM
Yeah I have to give it more than half throttle to loose traction, but I have some pretty sticky tires even for all seasons (Dunlop SP Signatures). Its def a night and day difference with how it ran before. In higher gears I barely have to try to get 7-8 psi. I'm still waiting for an opportunity to go full wot and see what she's got. Too much damn traffic so far haha. I am kind of scared about all the wheel hop horror stories I hear on cobaltss.net. I guess I'm pretty safe from that as long as I don't give it too much gas from a dead stop right?
Friday, November 18, 2011 8:59 AM
We dont wheel hop as bad as the SS do. Only time I wheel hop is when I try to launch without spinning the wheels and dont get it exactly right. Otherwise if I dont have enough traction I just blow the wheels off it.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Friday, November 18, 2011 10:11 AM
Just let out of the gas a little if you start hopping this way your CVs and Differential stay happy. Only time I grenaded a differential in the J-bodies was with the SCer and wheel hop haha

Friday, November 18, 2011 10:55 AM
my dr's launched nice last weekend....no hop and no spin....they grabbed and the car took off!!!

Friday, November 18, 2011 2:18 PM
EvoFire wrote:my dr's launched nice last weekend....no hop and no spin....they grabbed and the car took off!!!

Just means it doesn't make enough power

Friday, November 18, 2011 6:01 PM
CaliforniaDomestics wrote:
EvoFire wrote:my dr's launched nice last weekend....no hop and no spin....they grabbed and the car took off!!!

Just means it doesn't make enough power

hahahaha

Saturday, November 19, 2011 9:32 AM
Got 11 psi in 4th on the highway! Woo hooR
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search