Exhaust - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Exhaust
Wednesday, November 16, 2011 10:25 AM
I am planning on a supercharger setup for the ld9 and do not want to put it on until I have a full exhaust system. I just wanted some opinions on header/exhaust setups that would be good. Thanks.

Re: Exhaust
Wednesday, November 16, 2011 10:47 AM
Depends on how much power you want to make. If you just. Want to make like 200whp 2.25 might be enough but if your looking to make big power +300whp then maybe 3" and in between that maybe 2.5" for a header, long tubes are better for top end power where a shorty will give you more bottom end. If you just want a street or dd car, build for more bottom end, short header, 2.25 or 2.5" exhaust but if you looking for bigger dyno numbers and drag,I would go with long tube and 3"

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 11:22 AM
Yes it is a DD I was gonna go with 2.25 or 2.5, 3 just seems a bit ridiculous to me unless your pushing big numbers. But I was wondering on where to get such stuff, what is recommended or liked?

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 1:14 PM
I did hear stuff about these guys being good on prices but no more info on them, Mandrelexhaustsystems Or I think some people get a local exhaust shop to make stuff for them. There is quite a few good posts about exhaust systems, just cant remember them all of the top of my head. Not too sure about a header, maybe see if there is something in the group buys or look at some of the vendors websites.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:18 PM
We you will not make huge power with the blower for the ld9. Stick with 2.5 its going to be fine. Header, you can get away with a shorty, with the blower you're not going to have any issues with the low end. And it seems from the cobalt guys that long tubes dont make that big of a difference with the blower. You just need to find a shorty with larger primaries than normal something in the 1.5 to 1.75 inch diameter primaries would be good. Muffler? Check youtube, find something you like the sound of. Cat? you are getting tune so you dont really need one. Resonator? I'll be raspy as @!#$ without one.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search