LS1 tb to Mp62 adaptor FEELER - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LS1 tb to Mp62 adaptor FEELER
Sunday, November 27, 2011 9:32 AM
Hi guys I know some of you are looking to pick one up, or have had issues getting one for your setup. I got off my butt and picked up a new drill press since my cheap china freebe press broke shortly after making my first adaptor. Basically I'm looking to see how many people would be interested so I don't over spend with getting the materials I need to build them. I've been contacted by some of you about making one so off hand I know I'll be making at least 4 or 5 off hand. I'd be making them out of 16 gauge steel and mig welding them together, once finished I'll prime them prior to shipping so you guys can spray them whatever color you like. Please feel free to start up a short list so I can keep track and I'll update you guys as things progress. I just ordered a drill vise as well so once that gets here I'll be making some for the people that contacted me regardless.

Here are pics of the one I built myself. I'm going to base these off the truck version of the ls tb just so you guys know. I got 2 pics of it off the car and one on the car.

Re: LS1 tb to Mp62 adaptor FEELER
Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:24 AM
Count me in!

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq
Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:29 AM
Quick question, will it have the slot for cruise control? And will it come with the gasket and bolts?

Sunday, November 27, 2011 11:41 AM
02cavcruzin wrote:Quick question, will it have the slot for cruise control? And will it come with the gasket and bolts?

You know what... I didn't even think about the cruise control because when I built mine the cruise was broken but I'd have to check and make sure the cuise hooks up to ls1 truck style tb. I ironically picked up a cruise modual at the yard last weekend when I grabbed tails for my trunk swap so I'll see if it works. I have no problem setting them up to work with cruise. As far as gaskets go I will not include one because it will add to the cost and be more for me to get. I used just a thin layer of black RTV and it's been fine the entire time. As for the hardware I'm leaving it up to you guys to source 3 bolts and nuts from an ace hardware or home depot. I reused my bolts from the gmpp tb adaptor to hold mine onto the blower. This would just be for the tb adaptor.

And just for anyone else who does have questions about running an LS tb on our cars you'll need to source and LS1 tps pigtail to install on our engine harness's because the connector is different but the wiring is the same...blue to blue black to black....etc etc. The IAT plug will work with the LS1 Iat sensor.

Sunday, November 27, 2011 12:14 PM
Def interested, any idea how much?

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Sunday, November 27, 2011 1:05 PM
z28guy wrote:Def interested, any idea how much?

I'm going to try and keep it around 100 shipped. I'm waiting to see how much metal cost's and how long it takes me to whip one up since it's been over 1.5-2 years since I made mine and off hand I don't remember how much time I spent on making it.

Sunday, November 27, 2011 1:16 PM
Is there any other tps plug that will work with the truck tb? I'm having a hard time finding one.

Sunday, November 27, 2011 1:53 PM
JUCNBST wrote:
And just for anyone else who does have questions about running an LS tb on our cars you'll need to source and LS1 tps pigtail to install on our engine harness's because the connector is different but the wiring is the same...blue to blue black to black....etc etc. The IAT plug will work with the LS1 Iat sensor.

I have still been making the TPS conversion harness for a few people on and off all summer. I currently have the materials to make one more, but i can order more materials without a problem.

Error: Sig not found.

Sunday, November 27, 2011 2:01 PM
i'm interested

Sunday, November 27, 2011 3:36 PM
I'll check my saved links once I'm home but i want to sat it's btmotorsports or something close to that. They sell all kinds of automotive electrical connectors and pig tails. I'll post that up later.

Sunday, November 27, 2011 4:33 PM

My premium membership expired toward the begining of fall. Once I've got some whipped I'll be going premium again. I have no problem contributing via $$

Monday, November 28, 2011 6:02 AM
In for one ASAP with cruise

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Monday, November 28, 2011 9:15 AM
Would you be able to make these from the M45 or is the LS1 TB just to big for that charger?
Monday, November 28, 2011 2:41 PM
Iirc the tb is cast into that blower no? Also I don't have one to fab with

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 3:32 PM
Nope it uses the stock LD9 TB or the RSM 62mm. If you ask me the LD9's tb is way to small and I can't find an RSM to save my life.
Thursday, December 01, 2011 2:45 AM
N/A2.4-If there was a local m45 car to me I'd consider making them, but I'm not aware of any locals with on. They're all eco's.

I did get my drill press vise in the mail today and I should be picking up metal this weekend. I'll keep everyone posted

Thursday, December 01, 2011 4:12 AM
Yeaaaaaaa boy!

Thursday, December 01, 2011 11:46 AM
well i guess if cody is gunna do it then i might have to... i replied to ur thread on ef.com
Thursday, December 01, 2011 11:51 AM
I responded on ef.com just now haha

Thursday, December 01, 2011 12:02 PM
Here is a list I'm starting...and cuise will be put on all adaptors because I'm not going to make separte with and without throttle cable brackets as needed. I only want to keep one template. This list doesn't require any payment but is intended as a call list for people interested. I'm going to make the first batch and shoot out pm's once they are ready to ship. If you can't pay thats cool I'll just keep goint down the list. I ordered enough metal to build 8 adaptors to start and if there is demand I can/will build more.

1. 02cavcruzin ( jbo )
2. z28guy ( jbo )
3. scrapz253 ( ef.com )

batch 2?........

Thursday, December 01, 2011 2:34 PM
1. 02cavcruzin ( jbo )
2. z28guy ( jbo )
3. scrapz253 ( ef.com )
4. Magik1109 (jbo)

Friday, December 02, 2011 2:48 AM
Just another update guys. I got home from work and got the new press vise unpackaged and the dam jaws only open to 4 3/4 inch not the advertised 5 like I was looking for. So I'm going to mod this one a bit and see if i can get another 1/4 out of it....otherwise I'm going to pickup another.

Friday, December 02, 2011 11:47 AM
Add me.

Saturday, December 03, 2011 12:11 PM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:Add me.

Lazy...

1. 02cavcruzin ( jbo )
2. z28guy ( jbo )
3. scrapz253 ( ef.com )
4. Magik1109 (jbo)
5.MRThompson (jbo)

I picked up the metal and should start working on them this week, I'm getting ready for the g/f birthday weekend now so no progress will be made.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search