LS1 tb to Mp62 adaptor FEELER - Page 3 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: LS1 tb to Mp62 adaptor FEELER
Wednesday, January 04, 2012 6:23 AM

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)

Thursday, January 05, 2012 5:06 AM
Just updating the list.

1. 02cavcruzin ( jbo )
2. z28guy ( jbo )
3. scrapz253 ( ef.com )
4. Magik1109 (jbo)
5.MRThompson (jbo)
6.Evofire ( jbo )

Friday, January 06, 2012 8:02 AM
Alright guys I've got another update for you but it's not that all 7 are done and ready to ship. With the addition of the cruise control to the bracket for the cables to attach to I had an issue with it contacting the hood when closed. So I spent about 2 hours trying different things and I think I got it figured out. Now I did get one done this morning and the primer is drying as I type this. The others won't look like this one but here's what was accomplished today. Once I get some time to make new cable brackets i'll get them knocked out, I just don't want to install the blower and mani on my car each time I want to addjust things. Once I'm happy with my new cable bracket I'll install everything on my car to make sure everything plays nicely before I pack them up to be shipped.

Now the second pic is of hood clearance after I just removed the prop rod and let the weight off the hood close itself. There is 1/2 inch of clearance and that was with my phenolic spacers installed as well.

Friday, January 06, 2012 5:24 PM
Glad to see your taking the time to get it right.

Just out of curiosity. Would the adapter work if you turned upside down so the cables were on the bottom. Reason. I'm asking is if did work that way that would be a nice way to tuck the cables.

Friday, January 06, 2012 7:13 PM
Well I've never tried flipping it. If I did that the cruise would need a longer cable or you'd have to relocate it. When I get some more time to tinker I'll look into that.

Friday, January 06, 2012 7:15 PM
that would be nice, i would also like the bracket to face down

Friday, January 06, 2012 7:32 PM
Ah nevermind after going back and looking at the pics the charger inlet is offset so that is most likely not going to work. Stupid gm. But anyways keep up the good work.

Saturday, January 07, 2012 8:33 AM
Looks like ill have no.prob makin a Cai work

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Sunday, January 08, 2012 2:13 PM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:Ah nevermind after going back and looking at the pics the charger inlet is offset so that is most likely not going to work. Stupid gm. But anyways keep up the good work.

I thought you ment flipping the tb bracket. I'd just have to flip the pipe 180 degrees and re weld it.

Sunday, January 08, 2012 2:20 PM
Yeah you could. Just didn't figure you would want to do all that welding.

Sunday, January 08, 2012 2:36 PM
I wouldn't mind rewelding one to try it out. I spend like 45min to an hour making one pair of flanges since I'm only using a drill press, grinder, and cutoff wheel.

Sunday, January 08, 2012 4:07 PM
That sir is up to you. I think it would help on a tuck. My cc unit is already relocated in the cowl. If I have to move it to compensate for the cable not reaching is fine. I also running my eco swap off the 2200 throttle cable still also. I do have a eco cable also.

I am not trying to make you any extra work tho.

Sunday, January 08, 2012 4:20 PM
It's cool I dont want to make a product that needs to be mod'd to work.

Sunday, January 08, 2012 6:31 PM
And I don't blame you.

Saturday, January 14, 2012 6:38 AM
posted a question on ef.com
Tuesday, January 17, 2012 6:13 AM
I should have mine soon

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Tuesday, January 17, 2012 6:21 AM
yes you should.....I should have my j drivable in the next hr or so then I'll be able to hit up ups.

Saturday, January 28, 2012 6:42 AM
so any updates on this?
Sunday, January 29, 2012 6:24 AM
Austin Stuart wrote:so any updates on this?

Not really, I had replace some parts on my car due to it being curbed in the snow and school is back so I've got little time to reinstall the mp62 and mess with the tb brackets BUT I've not given up, I'm still planning on getting this done. If anyone wants the adaptor without a tb bracket I'll let them go cheaper if your not wanting to wait.

Sunday, January 29, 2012 7:46 AM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:Glad to see your taking the time to get it right.

Just out of curiosity. Would the adapter work if you turned upside down so the cables were on the bottom. Reason. I'm asking is if did work that way that would be a nice way to tuck the cables.

it's not an easy flip. this was discussed in earlier thread. the way the tb is set up you'd have to flip it's mechanism so it pulls the butterfly open from the s/c side and not the intake side if the tb was directly rotated.

this is the start of my signature: have you read the RULES yet?
my carDomain updated 6/11/10 Forged and Supercharged

Monday, January 30, 2012 12:00 PM
how much cheaper? im sure i can figure that part out myself since i dont have cruise anymore

Monday, February 06, 2012 10:33 PM
Austin Stuart wrote:how much cheaper? im sure i can figure that part out myself

Sunday, May 20, 2012 2:12 PM
so whats going on with this?

Sunday, May 20, 2012 6:22 PM
I sold my blower kit a while back, and I've got 2 or 3 fabbed without the tb cable bracket welded onto the adaptor just sitting around. If your interested still I could send one out with the bracked you'd just have to mount it. Also keep in mind they were built with zzp intake mani spacer and oem blower spacers.

Sunday, May 20, 2012 6:53 PM
how much you want?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search