Saab Turbo Guys!! - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Saab Turbo Guys!!
Wednesday, December 07, 2011 4:58 PM
Im gonna keep all my questions in here, instead of creating new posts all the time. First question, I took my coolant temp sensor out and went to install it into the Saab coolant housing, but its too small. Can I just use a Saab one from Napa?? This is the only question at the moment as im going really slow with it right now. Thanks alot!!!!

Re: Saab Turbo Guys!!
Wednesday, December 07, 2011 5:31 PM
I make aluminu saab water tees that allow for this. Please om me if interested, this is how I did mine.

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 11:29 PM
What's the difference in the Saab housing compaired to the cav one?

Thursday, December 08, 2011 12:34 PM
There is a thread difference in these..... The gm one for the cav is bigger. He must be changing the water outlets...?

Thursday, December 08, 2011 1:22 PM
jason norwood wrote:There is a thread difference in these..... The gm one for the cav is bigger. He must be changing the water outlets...?

Sorry I should have been more descriptive. Yes I mean the wateroutlet/thermostat housing. My stock 02 eco coolant temp sensor will not fit the Saab housing since its just too small for the hole. The saab setup I have looks like its going to work I just need the sensor. Thats why i asked if I can just get a saab sensor and see what happens. Also, what did you guys do as far as a oil return and pickup?? Maybe help me out with some pics?? This is my first turbo install and my first time doing anything like this, and I wanna make sure I do this right. I am curious to see what you coolant outlet/tree looks like Jason. Also, on my saab outlet it goes to a straight outlet and looks like a hose is suppose to connect there. On my stock stuff my water outlet from my radiator goes to a long pipe then behind the block into the thermostat housing/heater core lines. What did you guys do to get around this? Cut the pipe off the stock housing and then just find a 90* hose, or what?? Thanks again guys!!!!

Thursday, December 08, 2011 2:33 PM
I used the same supply for the oil as the saab did and I drilled a return just like the saab had, engine was out, email me at gmto2nr@yahoo.com for pictures of the tee's the supply is in the upper rad hose and the return is in the heater core hose, just like the saab , but aluminum instead of the saab plastic design that fails.

Monday, December 12, 2011 7:51 PM
Ahh okay, Ill see if I can figure it out.

Also, I am wondering, is there any one out there that makes the three bolt exhaust manifold flanges. Just the flanges. Were gonna make a external wastegate. But I need to get two flanges to make a spacer. If you guys have any ideas it would be great. thanks!!!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 8:30 AM
Yep, I make a 3 bolt flange also sir.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 6:26 PM
Really! Do me a favor, send me a email, with what material you make it with and how much it would cost me for two of them. Mikezayed02@gmail.com thanks bud!!!

Thursday, December 15, 2011 12:52 PM
Ya pm me and I can do that , don't really use my email much. PM me tomorrow and I will look it up when at home,

Thanks

Thursday, December 15, 2011 1:30 PM
50 for 2 shipped. 3/8ths steel. Unless you need thicker. That is what I used.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search