Quick meth question - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Quick meth question
Monday, January 09, 2012 9:56 AM
I'll be picking up some methanol tomorrow, so I can finally start running a 50/50 mix. Now I always thought that when you add meth, it slightly richens you up.. true? I also thought you were suppose to tune without it and then add it after the tune as a safety net. So heres my question: If it does richen you up a touch and you do add it after initial tuning, wouldn't you be too rich then? For example, say with tuning, you set everything up to run a 11.5:1 on 93 octane. Then you start spraying meth and it richens you up a bit to maybe 10.5:1 or 11:1... Seems a bit too rich and could hurt power. Is this the case or not really?

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Re: Quick meth question
Monday, January 09, 2012 2:44 PM
it cools down combustion chamber so if boosting you can add more boost or on lower boost you may get away with no intercooler.
Monday, January 09, 2012 3:33 PM
Depending on your mix, and size nozzle it will richen it up. I would only tune with it.

I'm running meth, and spraying alot. If I do not run it and ran my car my motor would likely blow.

FU Tuning

Monday, January 09, 2012 4:28 PM
would definatly put it in and tune to what you have it wont richen you too much provining your running the right size nozzel. keep in mind you should be spraying it unlil your in boost if you don't have it in the kit get a boost switch and if your 8Spi i would set it to 4PSI so that you will start spraying at that level so you minimize unnecessary spray

JBO since July 30, 2001
Monday, January 09, 2012 7:02 PM
Yeah, its set to spray at about 8psi. Boost is currently at 11-12psi.
Mix with be 50/50. So you suggest tuning with it rather than before it and using it as a "safety"? I thought that was a bad idea incase you run out and don't realize it.

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search