2.3 quadfour turbo header - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.3 quadfour turbo header
Monday, January 09, 2012 5:11 PM
Hey I tried making a custom 2.3 QuadFour turbo header but warped the flanges. it was all stainless steel and it was for a 1991 Beretta GTZ. I don't want to waste anymore money trying to make a turbo header my self so I was wondering if there is anyone on the this site that lives in northwest Ohio that builds custom turbo headers or knows someone that builds turbo headers for a 2.3 QuadFour.

I know it's not a j-body but I could use some help!!

Re: 2.3 quadfour turbo header
Monday, January 09, 2012 6:07 PM
Contact Brandon Fetter. Start saving your pennies but it will be worth every cent.

Monday, January 09, 2012 6:42 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:Contact Brandon Fetter. Start saving your pennies but it will be worth every cent.
I emailed him but he hasn't responded back.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 4:28 PM
He is a busy guy. It may take a few.

I have seen a few of his pieces of art. Well worth the cost in my opinion. If I ever have a turbo header made it will be done by him.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 5:21 PM
I think Brandon actually has a header for sale on his classified ad....
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:36 PM
I have one with a t4 flange brand new never used.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:55 PM
Jmark is your header a top mount or is it the same Turbo Header you had when I bought the rocket parts 2.3 crankshaft from you.
Thursday, January 12, 2012 11:32 PM
jmarks82 wrote:I have one with a t4 flange brand new never used.
Jmark is your header a top mount or is it the same Turbo Header you had when I bought the rocket parts 2.3 crankshaft from you.
Saturday, January 14, 2012 6:08 AM
No its bottom mount.

Saturday, January 14, 2012 11:44 AM
I had a Fetter Header...sad I sold it though it was a nice piece

Saturday, January 14, 2012 6:41 PM
people say brandon is expensive but if you think about it, go price out a quality turbo header for other engines. same money or more.

charles, although id rather see you get a fetter header and throw that monstroscity (no offence lol) in the garage would there be any way to just plain the flanges?

my lingenfelter turbo manifold flange was bent over. 090 and it had a nasty twist in it.. had it machined flat and its perfect now.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!

Sunday, January 15, 2012 12:45 AM
My friend seems to think I can straighten but I don't think so It is warped where some of the bolt holes don't line up.
I emailed Brandon and he responded back. He said he can build a header for around $750 -$800 for me but the earliest will be march.I think the price was great but it would have a steel flange instead of a stainless steel flange I also contacted http://www.stainlessheaders.com and they said they could build the header for around $900 but they don't use schedule 10 pipe they use 16 Gauge stainless pipe.
Sunday, January 15, 2012 8:38 AM
If you worried about it being steel flanges you need to take a look at industry standards, full-race and all your higher end manifold builders all use mild steel flanges since they control distortion better along with stainless is normally x2 expensive as mild and machining the flanges flat after the header is fully welded is easier as well. That being said thanks for all the recommendations guys but I think now with my current deliemma I'm not taking any work until further notice. I will be finishing whats on my plate and possibly walking away for a period of time.

Buy my stuff!!! CLICK

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Sunday, January 15, 2012 10:25 AM
I was not trying to offend you in anyway, your prices are great and quality work for sure. I would rather have you make my header that is why I contacted you in the first place. I seen videos of your car and threads about your work. I have lots of money and time in my car to just let some place that is worried about quantity instead of quality set my progress back even farther. If you don't mind I would still like your help in making my header and if you would like I am willing to give you the $900 that http://www.stainlessheaders.com quoted me. Please let me know as soon as possible.....Thanks
Sunday, January 15, 2012 6:41 PM
wish i could help you but right now i need to take a break from side work and my car to try and relieve stress build up.

Buy my stuff!!! CLICK

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Monday, January 16, 2012 12:18 PM
there is a company here locally that does awseome fab work. They quoted me 700 for a maniold but they will need the car.

GMR has got nothing on this
Thursday, January 19, 2012 10:00 PM
I can build them also.....
(the one below is for a neon)

But I too would need ur car.

Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, January 20, 2012 8:11 AM

i make neons and j-bodys go fast

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 8:05 PM
I regret selling both my Fetter Header and my JMTS Header..... lol.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 11:42 AM
Honestly if this were me I would take it to a machine shop and get the flange straightened. You spent the money on the parts and it could look ok with a flap wheel, some sanding, and elbow grease. Might not be equal length but it has to flow better than a log manifold.

Thursday, January 26, 2012 10:55 PM
ammfab wrote:I can build them also.....

Mike
Where are you located .
Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:10 PM
Zs Z wrote:Honestly if this were me I would take it to a machine shop and get the flange straightened. You spent the money on the parts and it could look ok with a flap wheel, some sanding, and elbow grease. Might not be equal length but it has to flow better than a log manifold.

I would take it to a machine shop to see if it could be straightened but I rather have a header made right because I have to much money in my build to cheap out on my turbo header. I might as well have a header built to hold up. stainless headers said they can build a header with slip joints so it'll have less chance of cracking. They sent me a photo of a ecotec header they just did with slip joints.

Friday, January 27, 2012 9:19 AM
cut the pipes off the header flange. make another header flange or try and salvage the one you have if the warpage is less than 1/8".

mount the flange to an old head or get a piece of thick scrap metal 3/4 - 1" thick that is large enough to mount the flange to it. drill and tap holes for flange bolts or you can also weld studs to go in the flange bolt holes. tighten the bolts/studs/nuts and then re-weld your piping back on.

stainless or mild steel will warp if too much heat is applied. there is no way around it. by having the flange tightly mounted, welding 1 inch at a time and moving your welds in different areas it prevents the distortion. this has served me well.
Friday, January 27, 2012 4:42 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:I regret selling both my Fetter Header and my JMTS Header..... lol.

I regret selling it too....wait....I sold it to you, LOL

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Saturday, January 28, 2012 9:44 AM
charles larcom wrote:
ammfab wrote:I can build them also.....

Mike
Where are you located .

Phoenix, az

Mike

i make neons and j-bodys go fast

Saturday, January 28, 2012 11:10 AM
i dont understand why most dont use bracing. if i made a turbo header i would have braces holding it up coming off the block or something.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search