Cam choice - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cam choice
Friday, January 20, 2012 3:26 PM
I was thinking about going with the secret intake cam (currently have installed) due to the fact that i want to retain a cps sensor and i like my power steering. But i want to use an H.O. exhaust cam and housing along with the lifters to get some more flow out of my ported head. Im going to be using a turbonetics 60-1 ball bearing turbo and a log manifold built by aaron at Turbo Tech Racing. Just wanted to get some input on this idea before i start spending money on cams i dont need. I want to rev my powerband to 7k rpm.

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners

Re: Cam choice
Friday, January 20, 2012 3:46 PM
I know mantaparts had a HO intake cam with the hex insert to retain your power steering AND with the CPS sensor area ground so you can also retain that sensor. (I currently have one in my car), but they went out of business. I am sure you could get one out of a junkyard and have it machined to keep both. Your exhaust cam housing can also be machined to fit the larger lifters and everything from the HO housing.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 6:51 AM
that setup will work.. and work well.. however, the full on matching HO cam setup will be a better setup.

my machinist can do the CPS and hex.. bore the intake tower for the larger lifters, etc.

pm me if you want it done.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Wednesday, January 25, 2012 9:10 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:that setup will work.. and work well.. however, the full on matching HO cam setup will be a better setup.

my machinist can do the CPS and hex.. bore the intake tower for the larger lifters, etc.

pm me if you want it done.

Chris,

Brad's machinest is the one who did all the work to my W41 intake cam and 2.4 intake cam tower

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Wednesday, January 25, 2012 11:10 AM
jason i wish you still had those ho cams for sale.....

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search