Ecotec supercharger oil consumption? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec supercharger oil consumption?
Sunday, January 22, 2012 3:41 PM
Those of you out there notice that your engine goes through oil since you added the charger on it?

Im hoping that its the fact my pcv is just vented through a little filter thats causing the consumption since it doesnt seem to burn blue or anything.

Re: Ecotec supercharger oil consumption?
Sunday, January 22, 2012 3:50 PM
If your just running the pcv to an open element air filter that will happen. Just stay out of boost at all times and you'll keep more oil in the pan.

Sunday, January 22, 2012 4:17 PM
Lol...out of boost....right.

Guess I gotta get of my lazy ass and figure this pcv stuff out....
Sunday, January 22, 2012 8:12 PM
Mines been vented for years and I've never had any consumption issues

Sunday, January 22, 2012 8:23 PM
I guess I blew it out of proportion. After it sat a while it's back to roughly normal. Must have been the gas island I was parked on was way off level. I've added a bit between changes ur not a ton.
Sunday, January 22, 2012 9:08 PM
JUCNBST wrote:If your just running the pcv to an open element air filter that will happen. Just stay out of boost at all times and you'll keep more oil in the pan.

isnt it best to close the PCV system though and not have it open as our cars were intended to be run on a vacuum system or something? I thought if you were boosted it wasnt smart to have it just 'open' because of when you're under boost you're starving your motor...maybe Im all wet on this...

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Monday, January 23, 2012 5:19 AM
From a prior thread I did you do have to run it to a vacuum source.

One idea was to the brake booster line, another was the tb spacer, and another was just to the intake.
Monday, January 23, 2012 1:00 PM
Ya, sounds like a badly set up pvc systems possibly????

Monday, January 23, 2012 6:15 PM
Well I currently have no pcv system other then vented to atmoshpere lol...

Thinking of picking up qwibby's valve cover but dunno if I like the idea of no oil baffle
Tuesday, January 24, 2012 3:05 PM
I am running the blower with a 3 inch pulley and just use the stock LSJ line run to the nipple on the valve cover, and introduced into my intake tube about 6 inches pre throttle body. been working fine since april.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 6:31 PM
Philly D wrote:Well I currently have no pcv system other then vented to atmoshpere lol...

Thinking of picking up qwibby's valve cover but dunno if I like the idea of no oil baffle

I'm not positive, but I think Phil's valve cover still has the baffling. I know I didn't need to remove the baffling when I drilled and welded fittings to mine, just hot tanked and power washed it good afterwards to remove any shavings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:16 PM

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 9:07 PM
Bludd u sealit ur going to blow a seal or a gasket ur traping alot of pressure its got to come out some how

*****BLAME IT ON THE ALCOHOL*****
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search