LN2 boost help! - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LN2 boost help!
Monday, January 23, 2012 12:13 PM
I have a 2002 cavalier LN2 5speed manual with 75,000 miles and i want to boost it. I'm not even really sure were to start. I've herd it can be dome and I've herd it cant. So if anybody has any thing that can help it is appreciated.

Re: LN2 boost help!
Monday, January 23, 2012 12:15 PM
also would any thing have to be done to the clutch or trans?
Monday, January 23, 2012 12:40 PM
Depends on boost level, you need tuning and fuel upgrades. Tons of write ups.

Just search

Monday, January 23, 2012 1:29 PM
THEY HAVE THIS THING CALLED "SEARCH"
YOU SHOULD TRY IT SOMETIME
Monday, January 23, 2012 1:39 PM
I've tried it you don't get much?
Monday, January 23, 2012 2:46 PM
There are 3 2200 or ln2 boost threads below yours man....snoop around.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:23 AM
Average/typical turbo build on a 2200, including fuel mods, turbo itself, intercooler, piping, BOV, wastegate, turbo exhaust manifold, AFPR and tuning software (plus a few others) will cost around $2500+. Just wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting into before starting.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 8:27 AM
VTLoki wrote:Average/typical turbo build on a 2200, including fuel mods, turbo itself, intercooler, piping, BOV, wastegate, turbo exhaust manifold, AFPR and tuning software (plus a few others) will cost around $2500+. Just wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting into before starting.

$2500 used maybe. Typically a turbocharger will run you between $800-2000 by itself. I personally have over $10,000 in my turbo build alone not to mention $4-5,000 in engine build, and $4-5,000 in transmission build but, my tranny is an automatic so...

If you want to boost an engine in a Cavalier/Sunfire your better off swapping into either an LD9 or an ECOTEC. Now if you want to boost an LN2/2200 be prepared to throw down some searious cash to do it right and reliable.

Ever heard the saying "Cheaters never win and Winners never cheat" ? That is the best phrase to live buy when boosting an automobile. That and "You have to pay to play" lol

But that is just my .02 and that's probably about all it's worth.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 11:39 AM
Yup, completely agreed. $2500 is going to be on the low end used. I've got something closer to $5,000 in the motor, and i don't even have a turbo yet, but the motor build was in preparation for a turbo. I wanted the OP to understand that this isn't something you can just go to your corner mechanic and have done in an afternoon type thing. It take's lots of money and time to do it right, and last. (and not blow up the engine)

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 11:57 AM
j_r wrote:I have a 2002 cavalier LN2 5speed manual with 75,000 miles and i want to boost it. I'm not even really sure were to start. I've herd it can be dome and I've herd it cant. So if anybody has any thing that can help it is appreciated.

Yes it can be done, and like stated before, there is many threads on it, even one just under yours I glanced at and looks like a good read. Keep looking, there is alot of boosted LN2s, could probably be enough reading for the next week or two, maybe longer.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search