water or fuel, and oil coming through pcv like crazy. - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
water or fuel, and oil coming through pcv like crazy.
Wednesday, January 25, 2012 9:18 PM
So I've got fuel or water coming through and into my separator ....its done this for a while but it seems to get worse slowly over time. Id like to think its fuel, as its got the obvious fuel smell, but it will mix with the oil, or something will mix with it and ill get this fuel/creamy mixture sucking through my intake. I've had someone suggest a problem with the supercharger gasket on the intake manifold might not be sealing right....There's a considerable amount of water or fuel, or whatever it might be is coming through. Any ideas? Thanks for any help!

Its an 04 m62 5spd eco

Re: water or fuel, and oil coming through pcv like crazy.
Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:27 PM
How is your PCV system plumbed...stock or have you run a catch can, etc? Did you modify the intake gasket for the PCV? Sounds to me like moisture is mixing in there, I would pop off the valve cover and see if the same creamy mixture is on the baffling on the underside of the valve cover. If so, i would say it's a considerable amount of moisture getting in, could be an intake gasket problem, or even the valve cover gasket leaking

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 11:59 PM
Definetly having the same problem on my turbod car. I have a catch can and two more breathers on the top of my valvecover.

Thursday, January 26, 2012 4:13 AM
I have not modified the intake gasket. However when pulling the blower off a few times, the gasket was actually bent up pretty good, I've straightened it out mostly, but it wasn't perfect. I figured once tightening the blower screws, it would sort of smash it down right. I also have never changed my valve cover gasket. It appears that there could be a small leak coming from it. Nothing major though, just a tad bit of soot around the edge. My pcv comes off the valve cover, runs to a husky air/oil separator, then back to my intake. I've noticed lots of fluids getting through, and last winter on a terribly cold day had a ice/oil ball lodge in my throttlebody making the throttle stick open. Ive recently switched to a catch can. Some have suggested maybe the headgasket, but im not consuming any antifreeze, or smell it burning ever.
Thursday, January 26, 2012 5:41 AM
Mod the intake mani gasket scroll down page 3 for pics

Thursday, January 26, 2012 8:08 AM
He bought the complete kit years back and trimmed out the pcv hole with the template.I would like to think it would be the blower to manifold gasket because it was pretty tweaked and took it off more than a couple times. The valve cover gasket could be it too when you guys mention it though. Any other opinions are appreciated
Thursday, January 26, 2012 10:21 AM
Sorry, I must've misunderstood the modding the gasket part, but yes I did that many years ago. I think ill just order new gaskets for the manifold to the block, as well as the blower gasket and do the valve cover gasket as well. Any other ideas are welcome... thanks!
Thursday, January 26, 2012 10:37 AM
I would watch for improvement with the gasket... the last time I saw a noticeable amount of oil/water mix getting into the intake from the PCV it was time for new engine for the customer...

I would not rule out more serious engine issues if that gasket does not fix it.

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:54 AM
Agreed with Alex.

The only two times I have seen muck like that the oil pan or PCV catchcan the engine had "blown" and lots of goodies were getting by the piston rings into the PCV system...

Any chance you can do a comp test?

I don't mean to alarm you, it's just a suggestion.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Friday, January 27, 2012 4:08 AM
Well, the car has 125k miles, alot of racing has been done as well so I haven't ruled that out either... my oil changes look normal, and there's only a little creaminess that I've noticed at the bottom of the dipstick, nothing crazy
Friday, January 27, 2012 7:06 PM
creamy white in oil is water[h/gasket].do a pressure test on coolant

use a vac guage to read for

Leaky Head Gasket Between Cylinders

Needle floats regularly between 5 and 19 inches of mercury. May also indicate intake manifold gasket leak at an intake port or a faulty injector.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search