LD9 turbo? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LD9 turbo?
Wednesday, February 08, 2012 6:14 PM
im going through post and i see alot of people who have bolt on turbos and so on. i did not know this existed. could someone give me a link or point me in the direction of this wonderful information. as it seems that i have much to learn. and am very curious as to what i can do i i can manage to get another ld9 motor.

Re: LD9 turbo?
Wednesday, February 08, 2012 7:42 PM
As far as i know they dont make a turbo kit for the LD9 motor you have to pc. one together. When i had my 96" Z24 i pc. together a whole kit for a little over $1,200 bucks. One thing i would say is dont cheap out on the turbo, you get what you pay for. But alot of the stuff you can buy off of ebay dirt cheap oil feed/return lines, V-Bands, vaccum hoses, fittings etc. I dont think i would trust a log style manifold off of ebay either. XSPower makes some good stuff to you could use for the build. Just do some reserch on what is all needed for a turbo list and start making a check list and buy a little bit here and a little bit there and also give your self plenty of down time just incase you run in to problems or forgot to buy something and end up having to wait on a part to come in the mail unless you next day air it witch can get pricey. Good luck

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 8:27 PM
did you read through the boost/tuning stickys, lots of good info there too.... what are your power goals for the car too?

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 8:36 PM
i have an ld9 bolt on turbo kit for sale.. check classifieds.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search