Boosted Automatics? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Boosted Automatics?
Thursday, February 09, 2012 8:19 PM
How many people have a boosted automatic? Turbo and superchargers. Not NOS haha. And what did it take to build up the tranny and internals for it?

Re: Boosted Automatics?
Thursday, February 09, 2012 8:52 PM
Look up my 4T40E build thread under transmission forum. Plenty of info.

Friday, February 10, 2012 3:47 AM
Josh G. wrote:Look up my 4T40E build thread under transmission forum. Plenty of info.

this

there are a few of us boosted autos around

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Friday, February 10, 2012 10:24 AM
I'm on my second boosted j-body automatic setup. Going great at 14psi currently. Last was kept at 8. Both stock trans except for a trans cooler and shiftplus and no problems. I'll be upping the boost to about 18 or so soon. After a good amount of research it seems hit or miss if the stock tranny can take that much abuse for very long. If mine can't, then I'll do the upgrades to another one. If it can, all the better.
If you plan to keep the boost low, I highly doubt you'll need any upgrades besides a cooler, however they are of course always a good idea, esp for the longevity and reliability of it.

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Friday, February 10, 2012 10:28 AM
--Boosted Z-- wrote:I'm on my second boosted j-body automatic setup. Going great at 14psi currently. Last was kept at 8. Both stock trans except for a trans cooler and shiftplus and no problems. I'll be upping the boost to about 18 or so soon. After a good amount of research it seems hit or miss if the stock tranny can take that much abuse for very long. If mine can't, then I'll do the upgrades to another one. If it can, all the better.
If you plan to keep the boost low, I highly doubt you'll need any upgrades besides a cooler, however they are of course always a good idea, esp for the longevity and reliability of it.

Or if your trying to crank out 500WHP with your 4T40E/2200 turbo project.... ]:->

Friday, February 10, 2012 10:28 AM
My buddy has a M45 auto J. Has been boosted for 5 years. Doing great.

I had a auto Turbo J, did fine. A few people have went low 13's on auto boosted J's.

Back in the day their was a auto juiced J that went 12's.

FU Tuning

Saturday, February 11, 2012 6:47 AM
Im one of them, turbo. Built the tranny up minus hardened gears. Tranny cooler is a must. My best et is in my sig, was a pretty fun ride hehe.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Saturday, February 11, 2012 7:10 AM
The 3 speed auto doesnt like boost at all.
Mine lasted 2 weeks last summer, and now im in the middle of a manual swap with a Bully Stage 4, TG LSD and jack shaft swap.
I suppose it would have last longer if I wasnt throwing 22 PSI at it.
But none the less, I didnt even get to finish my high boost tune.
Now it sits in the garage waiting for the 5 speed mounts to be welded in.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search