upgraded pulley, which hub to get? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
upgraded pulley, which hub to get?
Sunday, February 12, 2012 2:24 PM
So Ive got a 5 hole (5 rib/6 groove) 3.065" pulley to replace my stock stage 1 pulley for the M62 off a 2006 Cobalt SS/SC.

I need the hub to connect the pulley, can I go with this one?
http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/p/638-Modular-Pulley-Hub.aspx

Its $40 and it comes with:
•Modular hub
•Stainless socket cap screws (m6x12mm)
•Breather cap

Im guessing those 'socket cap screws' are to screw on the pulley? or are they for something else? it doesnt specifically say 'x5' or show a picture.

thanks!

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.

Re: upgraded pulley, which hub to get?
Sunday, February 12, 2012 6:44 PM
Yup, that's what I ordered. The five Allen screws are for the pulley to bolt to the hub for which one you want to run. I thought it was a great buy
Monday, February 13, 2012 12:52 PM
I really am liking ZZP, i just ordered a bunch of expensive cooling mods from them, but my other option is www.smoothflowpulleys.com
Nate from smoothflowpulleys has emailed me to make sure I've got the right one. We'll see if he can cut a better deal on the hub/screws and Ill go with him instead. Smoothflow also sends 7 screws, so you get 2 extra incase you need them.

I have a friend whos' got a pulley puller, so that should be all I need once I hear back!

Monday, February 13, 2012 1:31 PM
Thats what I got

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Monday, February 13, 2012 4:49 PM
I'm running a smoothflow pulley, will be getting my next from them as well

Monday, February 13, 2012 6:07 PM
well smoothflow has the hub/screws for $50, ZZP sells what looks like the same hub that should fit the smoothflow pulley 5bolt pattern, for $40 (screws as well).
Think Nate from smoothflow will match? Then again his is garunteed to fit correctly considering the pulley i have is a smoothflow 3.065".

$10 is a lot when you factor in shipping, basically shipping free with the ZZP.... i dunno, but either way i need one!

Monday, February 13, 2012 6:08 PM
btw, this is the exact one from smoothflow that Nate sent me the link for: http://www.smoothflowpulleys.com/Smoothflow_Hub.html

Monday, February 13, 2012 8:01 PM
Nate at smoothflowpulleys is hookin me up, SF it is! plus SFP are stainless steel so it should last longer and he said ZZP may have a slightly different bolt pattern and offset, and I dont want to risk it

Thursday, February 23, 2012 10:26 PM
Nate has always been great.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search