Oil Feed Ecotec **Pics** Just making sure :) - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Oil Feed Ecotec **Pics** Just making sure :)
Friday, May 29, 2009 8:34 PM
Just seeing if anyone still watches this post. I'm building my setup one step at a time. got everything picked out and ready to buy . Just need some advice (think i have found it already). Would this be the best spot for the oil feed? Thanks
Snowman wrote:

Saturday, May 30, 2009 8:07 AM
It's a good spot, there's good access to it. That's where I took my feed and haven't had problems.

We're extremely lucky to have these oil ports, they make it really easy to get a feed line

PS. The OP of this thread sold most of his stuff to me, and that was like 2 years ago... this is an OLD thread haha.

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Saturday, May 30, 2009 3:42 PM
an OLD thread but GOOD thread. thanks
Sunday, May 31, 2009 7:42 AM
No problem, and yeah glad you're doing your homework - don't feel opposed to bringing back an older thread if you need some clarification! Good luck with the rest of your planning

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 11:01 AM
its better than making everyone reply all over again when the info was already there... good job searching.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up? Definitely optional."
Wednesday, June 24, 2009 7:29 AM
gtpsunfire wrote:
Markseco wrote:Here is where we tapped for oil.

Hope this helps.

We?? Me and Rick installed that!! lol

What is the fitting size for that port. i am installing the turbo right now and now i'm stuck. please help me guys
Wednesday, June 24, 2009 7:54 AM
Get a 12mm X 1.75 to 1/8NPT fitting, as stated on the first page. The thread size into the block would be 12mm x 1.75

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 7:56 AM
lol i seen that right after i posted. Thanks
Thursday, February 09, 2012 7:16 AM
Bump just because it helped me

*****BLAME IT ON THE ALCOHOL*****
Friday, February 10, 2012 11:03 PM
so i gotta ask where do is everyone tapping for return lines? im a noob when it comes to doing a turbo set-up on a car, so if any info or advice will help me out a lot.

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
2011 texas heatwave 2nd place american compact street class
Saturday, February 11, 2012 11:00 AM
girdle is the best way, oil can drain with no problems at all. although the pan is common to with a 40 or 90 degree fitting is also used alot but placement is important and is different for auto/manual.

im doing the girdle our motors are built for boost and if we had a turbo model that's where the return would go. and it can be tapped on the car if your careful

Saturday, February 11, 2012 11:03 AM
45 lol not 40 hahahha stupid auto correct
Saturday, February 11, 2012 7:44 PM
Chris Gatti wrote:girdle is the best way, oil can drain with no problems at all. although the pan is common to with a 40 or 90 degree fitting is also used alot but placement is important and is different for auto/manual.

im doing the girdle our motors are built for boost and if we had a turbo model that's where the return would go. and it can be tapped on the car if your careful
any pis, i need pics plz

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
2011 texas heatwave 2nd place american compact street class
Sunday, February 12, 2012 12:04 AM
On first page trey

*****BLAME IT ON THE ALCOHOL*****
Monday, February 13, 2012 8:00 AM
I used the stock saab supply line and the hole it goes into is under the T-stat pipe near the water junction on the drivers side FYI.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:59 AM
Trey Reed wrote:
Chris Gatti wrote:girdle is the best way, oil can drain with no problems at all. although the pan is common to with a 40 or 90 degree fitting is also used alot but placement is important and is different for auto/manual.

any pis, i need pics plz

im not boosted yet or I would I been reading on it for a month or so gathering more and more info. if you use the google bar at the top right I goggled ecotec oil feed and ecotec oil drain some people have done good wright ups all ready and there is alot of good pics ...........sorry I can't help anymore till a nother mont

not to sound like a ass whole but do a lot of reading before you boost if you don't know what your doing and do to thick of a line or to thin of a line , also if you need a restrictor or not and how big. lot comes into play depending on your set up.

p.m. me and I can help you with what I can tho
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search