Supercharger for OHV - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Supercharger for OHV
Monday, March 12, 2012 1:16 PM
Do they make a supercharger kit for the 2.2 push rod engine? I've been looking around and can't find one. Reason I don't want to Turbo it is because I put headers on and don't want to take them off.

Links would be appreciated

Re: Supercharger for OHV
Monday, March 12, 2012 1:26 PM
Not that I have found, but out of curiousity, where did you put the second header??? you did say headers correct?? lol Im just messin with you. what header did you install

Monday, March 12, 2012 5:09 PM
M2 header. 1 1/4 down to bolt up flange with 2 1/4 all the way back. Sounds pretty Damn good. So if I wanted to do boost I have to go Turbo. That kinda sucks. Turbo is a lot more work. Don't get me wrong superchargers are a lot of work to but not as much as a Turbo.
Monday, March 12, 2012 5:16 PM
You could get any centrifugal style charger (procharger) and make your own brackets. Its a lot more work than it sounds, but thats prob about your only option for superchargers.

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Monday, March 12, 2012 5:35 PM
Ya lots of work for that engine, not much room up front... imho

Monday, March 12, 2012 6:10 PM
Custom intake manifold. bolt whatever blower you want on the manifold and in place of the ps pump.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012 6:37 PM
Ryan Thompson wrote:Custom intake manifold. bolt whatever blower you want on the manifold and in place of the ps pump.

With some serious firewall hammer pounding.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 7:04 PM
A centrifugal style supercharger put where the a/c compressor goes is the easiest method probably. And by easy, I mean in a relative way, compared to making a manifold for a top mount blower.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 7:34 PM
colt45 wrote:A centrifugal style supercharger put where the a/c compressor goes is the easiest method probably. And by easy, I mean in a relative way, compared to making a manifold for a top mount blower.

I need my AC, I have a 8 month old. So that's out of the question.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012 7:35 PM
colt45 wrote:A centrifugal style supercharger put where the a/c compressor goes is the easiest method probably. And by easy, I mean in a relative way, compared to making a manifold for a top mount blower.

I need my AC, I have a 8 month old. So that's out of the question.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012 7:57 PM
Just put a little more into the motor if you don't want to turbo it. You won't get a lot of power, but if you don't want to take off the header, its an option.

2010 Honda Fit LX

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 7:38 AM
what type of power gains can i get from bulding the hole head from the ground up?
Wednesday, March 14, 2012 7:57 AM
A guy with a sunfire tried to this. I actually designed a pulley for him. He was going to mount it where the A/C compressor was. It was a vortec unit if I recall correctly. It decided against it after he added up all the costs.

His build post is either in the boost forum or photo's and media.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Saturday, March 17, 2012 12:59 PM
motor swap and then s/c

Sunday, March 18, 2012 11:43 AM
why dont you do a sts turbo system that replaces the muffler
Sunday, March 18, 2012 11:59 AM
evil lives wrote:why dont you do a sts turbo system that replaces the muffler

Or better yet, a traditional turbo setup. A remote turbo setup is more complicated than just replacing the muffler with a turbo. A scavenge pump is needed along with longer oil lines and charge pipes, not to mention the filter is pretty vulnerable. The biggest downside being the need for a scavenge pump which if it fails (I've had this happen before) it puts the engine and turbo at severe risk. If you have the option to do a traditional setup, Id pick that any day over a remote setup (I have a remote setup on another one of my vehicles and a traditional setup on my cavy). The only reason I would do remote again is if there were no other options (like room in the bay), or just for something a little different. Now if you want to spend some nice coin and get an Aerocharger turbo ($2,500ish), then that makes remote setups much easier and less risky since Aerochargers don't use the engine's oil at all.

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Sunday, March 18, 2012 7:20 PM
If I remember correctly, RSM made a kit for a while years back. Never actually seen one though, so I have no idea how it was mounted or anything, but if it could be replicated, it may be an option.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search