Supercharged LD9 Engine Issue - Blow Back - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Supercharged LD9 Engine Issue - Blow Back
Friday, March 30, 2012 3:11 PM
I have recently been having some problems with my car - odd idle fluctuations after being in boost and some other items. Replaced O2 sensors and gave the throttle body a cleaning. It was then that I noticed that there was blow back coming out of the engine and into the intake.

Anyone have this issue before? I am thinking that perhaps the rings are gone now on the engine. Motor also has a high amount of pressure in it right now.

Any help is great.

Re: Supercharged LD9 Engine Issue - Blow Back
Friday, March 30, 2012 5:03 PM
More info.

Exactly what is the setup? What charger? What intake setup are you running?

What about the pcv system?

What are you calling high pressure?

FU Tuning

Friday, March 30, 2012 6:09 PM
It is the M45 GM blower kit. Intake is a modified vibrant intake to be cold air. I have the 2.7 pulley on it with a ligthened crank pulley (oversized) on also. Motor is all stock otherwise outside of the headers and MSD ignition (neon swap version).

Right now, I am getting oil from the engine into the PCV baffle and then going into the intake tube. It is a good amount of oil.

With regards to the pressure. I ran the car with the oil cap off and she had more than normal pressure coming out. A lot more force in the air than before.

I have never noticed that much oil going through the PCV baffle. We also noticed an oil leak where the baffle is bolted to the engine.

I am also thinking the PCV baffle it toast or the gasket on it is.
Saturday, March 31, 2012 5:39 AM
Sounds like a catch can would do good on your car. I have the same charger and run a catch can. I get no oil in my intake.

I would also recommend doing a compression test and see what the results are.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search