no boost stationary(lnf turbo) - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
no boost stationary(lnf turbo)
Sunday, March 11, 2012 10:49 PM
i went from the saab to the lnf k04 turbo and at a stop no load the saab made boost and blew off my ssqv opened even under a slight rev... with the lnf turbo i dont even see the boost gauge needle twitch nor does the ssqv secondary or primary open... its not driveable yet so i dont know if it will make boost under a load but i was just wondering if this is normal... im just guessing that the twin scroll has something to do with it...

Re: no boost stationary(lnf turbo)
Monday, March 12, 2012 5:30 AM
Usually turbo cars won't make boost, or very little sitting and just reving. I have seen like 3 psi it you rev it as hard as you can (which you shouldn't).

Is your boost gauge a boost/vac gauge or just boost?

FU Tuning

Monday, March 12, 2012 5:41 AM
The larger the turbo, the more load it will require to build boost. I don't know the size difference between the K04 and the lnf, but that might explain it.

I have no signiture
Monday, March 12, 2012 6:08 AM
My 16G will not create any boost reving in neutral.
Only thing you can do is brake boost, but that involves an automatic.
Or you can set up your tune for a "2 step" which will create boost while not moving, but will cause premature turbo failure.
Monday, March 12, 2012 1:59 PM
drove it today and it makes no boost under a load either.... no leaks at all and its blowing oil out of the intake so im guessing the turbo is bad...
Monday, March 12, 2012 2:01 PM
i dont create boost with my blower either. while i know others do.

Monday, March 12, 2012 5:31 PM
my saab made like 8 psi sitting still haha tiny lil bugger
Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:19 PM
it was the turbo that was bad
Tuesday, March 13, 2012 5:53 PM
i can make boost while sitting still but i also have a 2 step

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Tuesday, March 13, 2012 6:09 PM
it was a bad turbo so that explains it all... i make boost now i got a brand new turbo so haha freebie
Friday, March 23, 2012 11:55 AM
hmm. I wonder if that was from something that was causing it or a bad turbo altogether??

Thursday, March 29, 2012 3:03 PM
hows the new turbo working out for ya?
Friday, March 30, 2012 11:26 PM
great if i could turn the boost up haha... i was on 15 the day it was installed and i did one pull and it felt great but i only did 3 gears since i know it needs a tweaked tune... it goes to the dyno on thursday and i cant wait to make some boost and some power.... it feels alot better than my saab did... its alot more driveable in regards to spool while cruising and no creep so far or huge spikes.... only thing i dislike is the monster lnf flange i had to drop the k frame to get it in there and the flange was close to the shift linkages so i had to wrap them in fiberglass packing as well as i wraped the power steering lines... i plan on making a post after the dy o and hp numbers are in if my clutch holds up to 275 wheel haha
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search