spark plug idea - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
spark plug idea
Sunday, April 01, 2012 3:36 PM
what do u guys think about running an NGK r5673-7 plug? it's a non extended tip plug that will pull heat from the combustion chamber and keep the porcelain out of the cylinder

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners

Re: spark plug idea
Sunday, April 01, 2012 4:58 PM
I like the NGK 4177's in my boosted LD9. cheap, but last.

FU Tuning

Sunday, April 01, 2012 6:08 PM
Publikdstrbnce wrote:what do u guys think about running an NGK r5673-7 plug? it's a non extended tip plug that will pull heat from the combustion chamber and keep the porcelain out of the cylinder

Your hypothesis is null...

Even if it was capable of pulling heat out of the combustion chamber You do not want to do so with a plug... The plug in fact is the hottest point in the cylinder... There is a reason that the proper heat range makes such a big difference in the performance of the plug (not the engine). The porcelain should be in the cylinder... that is the primary heat transfer device to ensure the electrodes don't burn up.

Ive said it before, I'll say it again.. take it from someone who has done experiments on a dyno with scientific grade measurement equipment The best plug for an engine is the one the manufacturer spec'ed, one or two steps cooler is all you need for a power adder... three or for with nitrous on top.

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Sunday, April 01, 2012 6:20 PM
Right, plus you probley don't want a non resistor plug. He is half right though alex.. The plug does extract heat from the combustion process. However this is something that I have to explain multiple times daily about race plugs...

Monday, April 02, 2012 12:17 PM
Also what are you working on that would have a 7/16ths reach??

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search