2002 2.2 Cavalier Boost Questions - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2002 2.2 Cavalier Boost Questions
Monday, April 23, 2012 9:40 AM
I'm mainly looking to increase the overall value of the car. I got it for 1000 and the interior is perfect outside has some minor dents and scratches and could use a fresh paint job but isn't required. My cousin got a new car and sold me his cheap.
cheap.

So I have a few questions.
How much would it be worth right now?
Which would increase the value more, a paint job or turbo?
If it does increase value, by how much?
How much boost could I run stock and would I even need an intercooler?

Re: 2002 2.2 Cavalier Boost Questions
Monday, April 23, 2012 10:12 AM
SEARCH!
All of these questions have been answered like 1,832,274 times before!
Monday, April 23, 2012 12:25 PM
Modding cars dosen't add to value, you can't base an engines ability to hold boost as an accurate measurement. Different turbo's flow different amounts of air, and the tune will make or break your car. I'd just sell it or keep it as a backup car.

Monday, April 23, 2012 2:16 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Modding cars dosen't add to value, you can't base an engines ability to hold boost as an accurate measurement. Different turbo's flow different amounts of air, and the tune will make or break your car. I'd just sell it or keep it as a backup car.

This. I paid $6k for my cav and over maybe $8k-$9k in mods over the years(on top of the $6k, so like ~$15k into it). I'd be very very very lucky to get $4k for it. The only way to make more back from selling the car would be to return it to stock and sell all of the mods separately. Also since all of the mods are "used" i wont be able to sell them for their sticker price, no matter what i would take a couple grand loose if i sold my car.

The only way to increase the value of the car would to be to fix all of the issues it might have and clean it up. But even if it is in great condition you might only get $4k - $5k.

Error: Sig not found.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search