s/c not running right. - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
s/c not running right.
Monday, April 30, 2012 3:14 PM
Im new to the boost scence and just installed my gm s/c kit yesterday and had the gm flash done today (just for now) My friend told me to leave the clip on top of the manifold right underneath the radiator hose unplugged before getting it tuned. he said it was an air sensor. So it drove up to the shop and after the tune i plugged it back in and then mycar dies out after 10 seconds. Cant give it gas or anything. if I leave it unhooked I can drive. Another thing is Im throwing a code for a bad injector, is this the reason for the car dying when the clip is hooked up? and also where does the longer black clip with blue connectors go(kinda general but it came with the harness)?

Re: s/c not running right.
Tuesday, May 01, 2012 7:13 PM
Pics

*****BLAME IT ON THE ALCOHOL*****
Tuesday, May 01, 2012 7:19 PM
What year car? Motor?

Can you get a picture of the sensor you are talking about?

FU Tuning

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 5:23 AM
i have an 05 cavalier and the sensor is on the upper left corner of the manifold

thats not my car but its the same setup.
Wednesday, May 02, 2012 5:40 AM
pic didnt show up..

But it does sound like the tmap sensor to me
Wednesday, May 02, 2012 6:17 AM
Are you talking about the tmap sensor? Did you mess up the wiring to it?
Wednesday, May 02, 2012 6:42 AM
Mr Newb wrote:Are you talking about the tmap sensor? Did you mess up the wiring to it?

I think this is it.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 12:11 PM
Found out that the name of the sensor (tmap) but I didn't mess with the wiring just plugged it in after the tune as the booklet said.after
Iplug it in I give it some slight gas and it bogs and then dies out. Someone was telling me about "limp" mode. That since it has a bad injector the car turns itself off so it doesnt blow up. But he doesnt have a jbody so I trying to get info from you guys, peole who actually drive them.

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 3:27 PM
if you did not rewire the harness for the TMAP, then it is wrong. it does not just plug into the stock harness. you have to rewires to the IAT sensor and the MAP sensor "become" the TMAP.

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 4:34 PM
EvoFire wrote:if you did not rewire the harness for the TMAP, then it is wrong. it does not just plug into the stock harness. you have to rewires to the IAT sensor and the MAP sensor "become" the TMAP.

Correct.

Also our cars does not have a limp mode.

FU Tuning

Thursday, May 03, 2012 3:39 PM
ok went back into the engine bay and spliced the IATand the MAP sensors together to the plug supplied by the kit. The sensor I was talking about earlier is #90423637. When I connect that one the car starts sputtering and going crazy and dies out.I have that app called" tourque" which is suppose to monitor all your cars parameters via obd2 and according to that my car is at 27in mg with the clip unplugged and when I plug it in I'm at 16.6. (plug in question is the 90423637) I'm also getting two codes P0201(Injector circuit 1) and P0107(manifold absolute pressure/ barometric pressure circuit low input). I replaced the injetor in cylinder 1 and changed the spark plugs to the ngk tr6's.

Monday, May 07, 2012 9:13 PM
yeah that sucker isnt hooked up properly. ScrapZ (Austin) did mine for me when I installed my s/c setup...maybe he can chime in. With the s/c on there now, your car will be very sensative to vacuum and fuel more than ever...Im still working things out and its been months now.

Like others have said, try to post some close up pics of how its al wired/hooked up. People like me need visuals because your translation doesnt come out the same to everyone by mere text

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Tuesday, May 08, 2012 5:01 PM
yeah your wiring for the TMAP sensor is wrong. there is a schematic on here that tells you how to do it. but we need way way way way way more details.

what size injectors, and all that stuff...

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 5:29 PM
for some reason my attempts at posting pics arent working so Imma try my best. Everything is from the regular kit nothing is upgraded at all not even a cooler. I followed the diagram and The IAT and the MAF become the tmap.(went off the diagram on here.) miswrote that in my previous post. I'm getting this code p0107. Thats whats keeping me from running my car safley. I fixed pretty much everything else because I can drive it now with the tmap unplugged. But the biggest problem is that code and when I plug in the Tmap sensor the car wont stay on for more than 10 seconds it just bogs and turns off.
Tuesday, May 08, 2012 7:20 PM
are you using the correct sensor. i needs needs to be the 2.5 TMAP. you either wired it wrong, or something else is wrong that you are not informing us of.

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 9:52 PM
Do you have the actual gm install instructions? Ifyou don't post your email and I'll send you the pdf so you can wire it up correctly.

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 6:16 AM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search