lnf setup update with track times - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lnf setup update with track times
Saturday, May 19, 2012 10:32 PM
so after having the saab settup and being unhappy with wastegate creep i decided to try the lnf setup on my dd... besides slight fitment issues with the trans hitting to t stat housing everything fits and works much much better... its a 100%overall improvement in power spool and peak boost at redline... im using a trifecta tune which i would never ever recomend trifecta to tune any vehicle due to poor service an response time.. it takes weeks to get email responses and everytime you need something fast they are on vacation or buying houses or abducted by aliens.... point is with a real tune i would see much more results and be able to make more boost.... my crappy base tune which ive had 3 updates in the last 3 months and still isnt anywhere near right i flash 10.0 under 8 psi.... but i decided after a few decent worthy cars got beat i would finnally try and get the car to the track... on 6-8 psi (due to change in temperature) the car went from a13.9@104 on the first run to a 13.5@105 on the third on street tires and a crappy tune with a 2.3 60 foot since i didnt feel the need to kill the clutch and trans.... so basically it comes down to thi!!!!s its as cheap if not cheaper than the saab and will outperform it any day... no spikes or wastgate creep you can make a downpipe for about 70 bucks in your own yard 3" and you can also upgrade to the lnf 20G from hahn that bolts directly onto the stock lnf manifold and uses all the same lines and piping( according to hahns website) so for all the budget turbo builders looking for info this is the settup to go with.... the lnf turbo efficiency on a 2.2 is 15 psi (compressor map) so there is much more power to be had with proper tuning.... i look to be going to hpt very soon and breaking the car well into the 12's on street tires.....

Re: lnf setup update with track times
Sunday, May 20, 2012 9:26 AM
Nice man cant wait to hear more

*****BLAME IT ON THE ALCOHOL*****
Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:00 AM
sweet that you got it running well, mines been having reflash issues lol, and going to rich and not being fun to drive. In the process now of tunning w/ hptuners
Thursday, May 24, 2012 3:58 PM
yea the cars a little monster on 10 psi haha it makes 14 psi on the saab feel like a waste of time...i have a electrionic boost controler hats just awesome with 2 stages of boost so its just a great settup... i cant wait to get to 18 psi eventually...
Friday, May 25, 2012 7:30 AM
did you end up using the 90 degree elbow? or did you make a new downpipe from the the turbo down?

im using the 90 and it fits perfect with no a/c and no head, but it is getting a little tricky since i reinstalled the a/c system. more so with the heater.
Post some pics up of your setup.
Sunday, May 27, 2012 12:41 AM
i used a silicone 90... the wierd thing was i bought it for the saab and ran it out where the axel goes into the spindle and then i redid my piping and i threw it in a box well i saw it when i was lookin for clamps haha.. i dont knownhow to post pics so snowman ill sendem in an email... its all a cluster when i put it together it was a quickie job so its not finished im getting new piping welded up for it instead of couplers...
Monday, May 28, 2012 8:00 AM
thats cool, i was refering to the exhaust side, wheter you used the cast 90 degree elbow off the turbo or just madea a downpipe.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 4:47 PM
Badass, I've always been curious what this would run. Keep us updated.

Thursday, May 31, 2012 6:33 AM
Very nice

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Thursday, May 31, 2012 6:23 PM
Be careful on stock tires...

Wheel hop sucks

2.2 L Ecotec, P&P Head, Stage 3 Comp Cams, Supertech 76 lb Spring kit, Supertech Oversized Valves, Wiseco 8.9:1 CR Pistons, Eagle H-Beam Rods, Home-Built Turbo Kit T3/T4 57 Trim Intercooled, 78 lb/hr Racetronix Hi-Z injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Racetronix f body fuel pump,MEGASQUIRT MS3 + MS3X Finally street tuned on 21 lbs! Now if only I could get it to hook....
Friday, June 01, 2012 7:47 AM
wheel hop does not just happen because of stock tires. Bad: strut mounts, motor mounts, control arm bushings etc.. can cause it.

FU Tuning

Sunday, June 03, 2012 12:42 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:wheel hop does not just happen because of stock tires. Bad: strut mounts, motor mounts, control arm bushings etc.. can cause it.

ding ding ding

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Monday, June 18, 2012 6:47 PM
i used the stock lnf 02 housing and a zzp exhaust flange... i had wheel hop my last run and i let out of it and still ran13.8@105 but it had gotten alot colder so i believe that woulda been my fastest... anyways i was on continental contisports 17's so it was a def improvement... and ive had my gears shoot out of the trans on my ln2 many many times and once on my eco so i was trying to prevent that... no more burnouts or launches there just no need to do that anymore.... ill get my video uploaded on youtube soon
Monday, June 18, 2012 7:52 PM
Looks like my trans LOL im on my 9th trans right now. The car is down for the count until this saturday because of the diff.
Tuesday, June 19, 2012 6:35 AM
are you running a/c on your setup, mines is awful close, as is my steering rack, im just gonna build a new downpipe, turbo down.
Friday, July 13, 2012 3:28 PM
nope i took my ac out.. stock clutch finnally went after 2 years boosted so its been parked for a few weeks..
Friday, July 13, 2012 3:34 PM
Schnupper wrote: im on my 9th trans right now.

Your doing it wrong...

Saturday, July 14, 2012 6:47 AM
great times OP...

My LNF solstice runs high 13s on 16# of boost.

Guessing weight savings between cavalier and kappa

Monday, July 16, 2012 9:42 AM
that and the lil difference in displacement, i finally got all my pieces to make a real downpipe from the turbo back. THe lnf o2 housing has to dang close to my steering rack and was rubbing my a/c lines. SO i cut me out a flange and got the 3" pipe to make the full downpipe, then to the exhaust shop to get a full 3" back. and weld in the new bungs for the o2 sensors and wideband and egt sensor.

then to tune the 2.4 computer
Monday, July 16, 2012 11:32 AM
blackbirdracing wrote:
Schnupper wrote: im on my 9th trans right now.

Your doing it wrong...

Agreed....your doing something very wrong.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, July 16, 2012 6:31 PM
Not to get off subject but my car does have over 500 passes down the track LOL
Back on subject I really want to see more pictures of this

Thursday, August 09, 2012 10:25 PM
haha sorry i kinda forgot that j body existed for a while.. i never figured out how to post pics on a forum.. i havent drove the car in prob 2 months its needs a trans idk what happened i went into 3rd and it went in but grinds real bad still moves and drives till you give it gas then it grinds like its a big rig haha.. so new trans next week and ill be back at the track i hope for one more try at it... my plans over the winter is to put rods and pistons in it and a clutch and maybee hit 20 psi next spring.... im sure thats gonna push the lnf turbo on a 2.2 but doesnt hurt to try....it just sucks i gotta pull the engine out since the shift linkage bracket hit the o2 housing on the install snowman said his fit fine but mine hit really badly i have the bracket ground down into the threads actually... as for pics my settup was a quick and cheap one since i didnt have a good job back then and the saab turbo was just to inefficient for my driving lol..... my buddy offered drag radials if i ever wanted to try them so i might try them with 10 psi or so and see what happens...all in all i love that turbo setup my only complaint is the high compression making it spool im 5th gear so when passing or cruising you cant get to into the pedal but obviously thats the downfall of having a small turbo with high compression and bigger displacement.... im still not sure how to run a real intake tho theres no where to plumb it... any pics snowman? suggestions?
Friday, February 01, 2013 10:48 PM
Check out zap8604 on youtube race videos... ill have speedo vids when the snow melts... ppl keep asking about the lnf settup...
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 9:38 AM
ecotecnik wrote:Check out zap8604 on youtube race videos... ill have speedo vids when the snow melts... ppl keep asking about the lnf settup...

Please do very interested!
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 11:30 AM
What are you using to tune ecotecnick?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search