routing hoses & wires for gauges - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
routing hoses & wires for gauges
Tuesday, May 22, 2012 10:10 AM
Where is every one running their lines for things like the boost gauge and controller, and other gauges? the hole at the steering column is getting a bit crowded, I don't want a simple kinked hose throwing off the controller and letting me over boost.

Re: routing hoses & wires for gauges
Tuesday, May 22, 2012 12:19 PM
Punch another hole in that rubber for the column, it takes a lot to crowd that. Ive had mine there with many other wires for years, no issue.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, May 22, 2012 12:59 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Punch another hole in that rubber for the column, it takes a lot to crowd that. Ive had mine there with many other wires for years, no issue.

^^ this

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:05 PM
AL1A5 wrote:
WHITECAVY wrote:Punch another hole in that rubber for the column, it takes a lot to crowd that. Ive had mine there with many other wires for years, no issue.

^^ this

Same here, WAY back when I had a system I ran my zero gauge wire through there also.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:38 PM
yeah that grommet is where i rerouted my ECU too...lots of room!

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:44 PM
Same as what everyone else said, right through the grommet. I actually just enlarged the center hole a bit, then opened the loom on my harness and packed the new wiring in so it would still be one clean bundle.

The for the dash, I ran a larger gauge wire off a "key on" source, and a larger gauge ground (bolted to one of the bolts that holds the dash frame to firewall) up to my gauge locations, then branched off those to each gauge, to avoid having a whole rat's nest of wiring pushed behind my dash.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:45 PM
ok I'll just widen it some more then, while I have you on a side note, can you use the wire like from the audio store to run the battery to the back, or are the strands too small, price seems to average out with what you can buy from Summit for doing this, and I already have the other stuff I need.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 2:27 PM
evilution I plan on putting an extra fuse box in the glove compartment for all the gauges radio and turbo timers etc. that will help keep a lot of the mess down too.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 3:01 PM
I'd imagine it be ok, as long as it's it's a heavy gauge. I used 0/1g wire that I pulled from the cooling units on refrigerated trailers when I was still working in a diesel shop to run my battery to the trunk.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search