02 Eco Supercharger Question HELP - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
02 Eco Supercharger Question HELP
Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:20 AM
Hello friends,

I need an answer to this question ASAP.

02 ECO. Will the injectors that come with the kit fit the 02 fuel rail without issue? Here's the problem: A mechanic friend of mine is doing the install since I just don't have the time. He tapped the manifold and put in an screw on IAT sensor. The sensor fits but the plug won't because of the fuel rail. To alleviate the problem he took the injectors that came with the kit and installed them into the 02 fuel rail. He said there were spacers that came with the kit. Once everything is assembled he said it raised the fuel rail so that the IAT plug fits and he says the injectors are in there tight and fit perfectly.

Can this be done? Will I have issues or should I switch back to the LSJ injectors?

I know LSJ injectors won't fit an 03+ rail without spacers for each injector BUT will 03+ injectors that come with the kit fit the 02 fuel rail without issue?

Help is appreciated. Thanks

Re: 02 Eco Supercharger Question HELP
Thursday, May 24, 2012 4:56 PM
Come on folks! I know someone has the answer. I searched but couldn't find anything. He said there were two washers in the kit that had no obvious purpose but they fit the bolts on the edges of the fuel rail allowing the rail to raise up and accommodate the injectors supplied with the kit. I know there are a lot of posts about 02 injectors in an 03 rail but I couldn't find anything on the reciprocal. Will this work? I feel it will but I don't want to find out the hard way when I take it out for its first hard run.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 5:20 PM
It will fit ...

thinking about it the 03 injectors are a touch longer so it should work given the stock 02 rail sits down further to accommodate the shorter injectors...

Not how i do things but it sounds in theory it should work.
Thursday, May 24, 2012 5:26 PM
What i know:

Strat81 got a used GM kit. I helped with the install and the injectors he got with the kit fit perfectly in his 02 fuel rail.

Error: Sig not found.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 7:07 PM
Thanks fellas. I PM'd Strat81. He said it worked without issue.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search