Vacuum line routing - M62 + Ecotec: low boost - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vacuum line routing - M62 + Ecotec: low boost
Thursday, May 24, 2012 2:53 PM
I would get the oversized tensioner pulley. I have it and can run the stock belt with the 2.8 pulley.

Just a thought.

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq

Thursday, May 24, 2012 5:35 PM
Scorpio1 bishes... wrote:Blu04dd- your good bro, don't sweat it. If tinkles, evofire, and evililution says your good, your good. Eco cavy s/c elite makin wisdom in ur thread.

I wouldnt go THAT far..... We just dont let small things like complete wiring swaps and unavailability of parts get in our way.

Error: Sig not found.

Friday, May 25, 2012 1:34 AM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:
Scorpio1 bishes... wrote:Blu04dd- your good bro, don't sweat it. If tinkles, evofire, and evililution says your good, your good. Eco cavy s/c elite makin wisdom in ur thread.

I wouldnt go THAT far..... We just dont let small things like complete wiring swaps and unavailability of parts get in our way.

Ugh..why did you have to mention wiring swaps...I am SOO sick of wiring!! Hahaha!

Friday, May 25, 2012 6:13 AM
Tinkles- Agreed, Thus the Gurus comment.

Matt- Wiring, wiring, everywhere, wiring in your nightmares. Sorry couldn't resist bud.

Friday, May 25, 2012 8:42 AM
is there any reason to close off that lower bypass valve nozzle then? or should it remain open, venting to atmosphere?
Im going to go ahead and run a catch can very soon because of the blow by i get that ends up dripping out of the filter off the PCV valve when running it hard...but im either going to tap a new spot in the intake for the return line (catch can OUT) or find a vacant vacuum source.

think i can run a line from the catch can to the throttle body adapter that is currently capped off? its the smaller metal nozzle on the Katech adapter that isnt being used. and im going to make sure its baffled/filtered so it should be fairly free of contaminents

btw thanks for all your help...im content and can start focusing on other upgrades since im where i should be right now as far as boost (other than still being very rich at WOT, but thats a tune issue).

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Friday, May 25, 2012 8:58 AM
You need to leave the bottom of the bypass valve vented to atmosphere for it to work correctly.

Error: Sig not found.

Friday, May 25, 2012 12:07 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:

or broken transmissions and none working gauges, and no PCV even though the system is build right, or retroswapping LSJ parts that have no intention of fitting. and yeah blah blah blah. i just read everything i can, and take very well thought out calculated risks!. not sure it makes me a GURU!

Friday, May 25, 2012 12:39 PM
thanks tinkles...ill leave it at that and that helps me put an /end to one more little hurdle!

and what is your guys' take on running the catch can OUT line to the throttle body adapter? should it be pre-tb like on the intake somewhere? I have an AEM cold air running into the fender..Id like to not have to drill into it since i paid $60 to have it custom painted to match the car lol...maybe if i can get a hold of the K&N elbow from the tb to the AEM intake I can install a valve on that for the catch can..?

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Saturday, May 26, 2012 3:17 PM
Don't sell yourselves short guys. You all are gurus, experts, s/c ninjas whatever you wanna call it. Your all an invaluable resource of knowlege and experience on this subject and eco's in general. You guys rock. Thanks for all you post on here.

Saturday, May 26, 2012 3:41 PM
If it's a sealed catch can, you'll be ok running it post TB, just keep an eye on it, it may actually be to much vacuum and pull the blow by right through the can. If it has a filter on it (vent to atmosphere) I wouldn't put it on the TB adapter as I'd assume it'd be the equivalent of a vac leak.

Pre TB is the most common place to run the line.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search