fuel line sizing help - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fuel line sizing help
Wednesday, May 30, 2012 4:20 PM
I'm making my lines up for thing like the turbo oil feed/drain, and the fuel lines. I have Skunks old fuel rail, FMU, and hoses. the only thing is he had an -8AN hose running all the way back to the fuel filter from the looks of things. my plan was to run from the stock hard lines in the engine bay to the rail and FMU.

My thinking is if I use that -8AN hose, even from the hard line to the rail ( the rail has a -8AN fitting on the end) then its just going to tax the fuel pump all that much more to keep it filled as its about the same ID as the rail itself. the return line is -6AN to the FMU and then to the hard line. -6AN is about 3/8 ID same as stock feed line.

Question is, would anyone argue against using a reducer on the rail to go from the -8AN to -6AN for the feed side of things?

Re: fuel line sizing help
Wednesday, May 30, 2012 4:45 PM
I wouldn't worry about it, the fuel pump doesn't know how big anything is, it just keeps pumping and maintains pressure.. I'll be going -6 from stock lines to and from he motor in my car.

Re: fuel line sizing help
Wednesday, May 30, 2012 5:07 PM
Yeah I think you'd be fine running -8an from the hard line to feed of the rail. Right now I'm running -6an feed/return from hard line to rail, but in the future when I run braided line all the way back to the pump, I'll be going -8an.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search