Camshaft gear fitment with cam - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Camshaft gear fitment with cam
Tuesday, June 05, 2012 4:53 PM
I bought a spare head that I plan on rebuilding for a S/C build. When I was looking over everything, I noticed that the two keys on the gears that mate into the camshafts have some play in them both and it looks like the keys themselves have been wore down. I looked on the female slots on tboth camshafts and it doesn't have marks of any sort,so I bought two new gears from the dealership. When I picked them up I noticed they had the same thing. I was just wondering if this is normal or if somebody has noticed this before and plus I would think when the chain is moving there wouldn't be that back and forth play. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Re: Camshaft gear fitment with cam
Thursday, June 07, 2012 4:21 PM
Bump for some input. Don't know if everybody assumed it was an N/A build by the title.
Thursday, June 07, 2012 4:54 PM
I've noticed a little play a mm or so but it wasn't bad, cause you torque them down. I don't think it will be that much of an issue.
Thursday, June 07, 2012 5:46 PM
Yeah that's the same for mine too. When I took the tension off the chain I didn't pay attention to see if it was there in the first place so what you're saying makes sense and then when I put the tension back on it'll probably tighten up a little bit more.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search