ebay turbo kit - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ebay turbo kit
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 11:55 AM
anyone ever get this or know of anyone who has. it says its for a 2.4L and has the exhaust manifold.

E-Bay 2.4L Turbo Kit

just wondering what others thought.

Re: ebay turbo kit
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 2:05 PM
^ that is probably true MOST of the time.....Hot Rod tested the cheap Larger China built turbo on a v8 (multiple engines) with over 20-30 dyno pulls without issues, and people have done it before and been running em for years.

but my thought is, if you're going to look on eBay because its 'cheaper', then what else will you cheap out on that will lead to a catastrophe? id save up and get a reputible brand that will warranty any issues you have.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 11:33 PM
Lol the brand is" rare power " so i u wont see any thing but reall just save and piece one together

*****BLAME IT ON THE ALCOHOL*****
Monday, May 28, 2012 7:23 PM
Yeah, this kit does not come with a wastegate or bov. Two important parts lol. If you want serious power gains get better quality stuff.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Friday, June 08, 2012 4:19 PM
im thinking of doing this to my cav too its an 04 eco stock internals current upgrades are intake header and header back exhaust catless and tuned, im thinking of buying it setting it at low boost 8psi till i get some forged internals setting it to 15psi then later with time ill buy a big brand turbo set it a lil higher psi

what do you guys think??
Friday, June 08, 2012 4:46 PM
If you get the ebay kit keep in mind that the intercooler piping is universal so you'll have to do some cutting and welding. Also, as said before you'll need a BOV and WG. Don't cheap out on these components. The exhaust mani in this kit will be questionable too. 8psi is decent boost. If it were me I'd play it a little safer and go 6psi till you get the upgrades. Don't use the cheap boost controller in the kit either, to avoid boost spike. I'm really not sure how much you'll be saving in the long run...

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Friday, June 08, 2012 6:15 PM
You'll save money by buying the more expensive quality kit 1st. Between upgrading to quality part so it will run and engine replacement for when the components fail. All the ebay kits are is a waste of money.

Error: Sig not found.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search