Boost controler and waste gate - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Boost controler and waste gate
Sunday, June 24, 2012 8:40 PM
So what would be safer to have, a waste gate at 8 psi or run a 12 psi waste gate and run a boost controller at 8psi ?

Re: Boost controler and waste gate
Sunday, June 24, 2012 9:36 PM
Wastegate with 8# spring would be more consistant. The boost controller could allow more boost.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Monday, June 25, 2012 8:09 AM
Boost controller is only going to control higher levels than gate pressure.....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, June 25, 2012 8:35 AM
Tony Salinas wrote:So what would be safer to have, a waste gate at 8 psi or run a 12 psi waste gate and run a boost controller at 8psi ?

If you run an 8 PSI wastegate you will get 8 PSI of boost.
If you run a 12 PSI wastegate with an 8 PSI boost controller, the controller will open at 8 PSI, but the wastegate will still be closed untill 12 PSI is reached. Essentially giving you 12 PSI of boost.

For example, a boost controller is used when you want to acheive more boost than the wastegate is designed for.
Im running a 12 PSI internal wastegate, with an external manual boost controlller set to 22-23 PSI.
Wednesday, June 27, 2012 6:51 AM
Ok thanks i didn't know that. so now if i get a 8psi waste gate i don't realy need a boost controler until i want to get more?
Wednesday, June 27, 2012 6:27 PM
Tony Salinas wrote:Ok thanks i didn't know that. so now if i get a 8psi waste gate i don't realy need a boost controler until i want to get more?

correct

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search