Misfire under boost - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Misfire under boost
Thursday, August 11, 2011 8:57 PM
I wonder.... Switch cylinder 2 and cylinder 4 injectors?

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Friday, August 12, 2011 7:41 AM
i didnt know which coils you had. the older models had a coil pack assembly that was one piece. the newer vehicles have 4 individual coils on the spark plugs. try swapping the injectors.
Friday, August 12, 2011 12:12 PM
The problem is, I don't have hptuners so i can't determine if it is still cylinder #2. But i might try taking it to autozone to use their scanner. Does anyone know if their scanner can read individual cylinder misfires or does it just read engine misfire?
Friday, August 12, 2011 1:11 PM
cody allison wrote:The problem is, I don't have hptuners so i can't determine if it is still cylinder #2. But i might try taking it to autozone to use their scanner. Does anyone know if their scanner can read individual cylinder misfires or does it just read engine misfire?

If you do not have HPT how do you know it is a cylinder 2 misfire?

Swapping the injectors is a good ideal. Could be a bad injector.

FU Tuning

Friday, August 12, 2011 4:32 PM
when i was trying to get it tuned it was a misfire on cylinder 2 every time. He tried everything he could think of to try to get it to go away and tried new plugs. However, i was getting it tuned two hours away from where i live so i can't just go there whenever i want to try different things. I'm going to switch the injectors around and take it to autozone and use their tester to see if i can find a pattern
Sunday, June 24, 2012 3:09 PM
So I want to get some new ideas on this because I still have this problem. The misfire is pretty inconsistent. Sometimes will misfire underboost and sometimes it will run fine.

What I've done:

MSD Coils
New Crank Sensor
Compression test: All 4 cylinders above 200 psi
New connectors to injectors
New O-rings on injectors
Tried gapping the spark plugs everywhere from .028 - .048

Thanks in advance.
Monday, June 25, 2012 11:03 AM
how is this car tuned to begin with?

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Monday, June 25, 2012 12:07 PM
check your intake manifold. my bolts were loose, 3 broke off in my head. replaced the bolts with new proper fitment shoulder bolts (i have the LSJ manifold on my cavalier for the s/c) and the misfire basically went away and no more CEL.
might wanna replace your IM gasket or put some RTV around it and tighten the bolts down. btw..mine was misfiring in cylinder 2 every time even swapping plugs/injectors. and i think its because thats where the bolts were more loose than the others.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:10 AM
Publikdstrbnce- I started getting it tuned with hptuners but he wouldn't finish because of the misfire so he put something together that would allow me to run in boost to try to figure out the problem but the tune isn't perfect.

blu04DD- Thanks, I'll check that stuff. I think I'll always have my CEL though because of my MSD coils
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search