TMAP & Regular MAP ?! - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
TMAP & Regular MAP ?!
Friday, June 29, 2012 6:32 PM
Okay I'm wondering if this is possible :

Can I wire the iat sensor portion of the TMAP just to read the TEMPs and hook up the stock MAP to the vacuum line " post sc ", I personally don't want to tune for the 2.5 Bar at the moment and would rather wait a bit before doing that, just wondering if it will work...

I know I can get a threaded IAT sensor but don't want to do that at the moment

Thanks a lot

2004 Ecotec, Completley Stock...For Now

Re: TMAP & Regular MAP ?!
Friday, June 29, 2012 7:13 PM
are you tuning with HPT or going to runt he Gm flash?

if you are going to runt he flash, just use the TMAP.

if you are going to tune with HPT, look up camaro IAT on here. it is a screw in style iat that people drill and tap the manifold for, then run whatever MAP they want.

Friday, June 29, 2012 7:53 PM
EvoFire wrote:are you tuning with HPT or going to runt he Gm flash?

if you are going to runt he flash, just use the TMAP.

if you are going to tune with HPT, look up camaro IAT on here. it is a screw in style iat that people drill and tap the manifold for, then run whatever MAP they want.

Thanks for the info, I will be tuning it using HP tuners, The reason I don't want to run the threaded IAT sensor is because I plan on using the TMAP in the future.

So the question remains will the TMAP work with just measuring IAT's without the MAP portion hooked up ?

Friday, June 29, 2012 8:05 PM
the TMAP is all one plug, it would be easier and require less work to just run the thread in style sensor...otherwise you are splicing a sensor just to have to redo it later. the thread in IAT plugs right in to the stock IAT harness.

Friday, June 29, 2012 8:38 PM
EvoFire wrote:the TMAP is all one plug, it would be easier and require less work to just run the thread in style sensor...otherwise you are splicing a sensor just to have to redo it later. the thread in IAT plugs right in to the stock IAT harness.

I know, however the plug has 4 wires coming out of it, 2 are for the IAT sensor, if I wire the IAT sensor to those two wires will the sensor pick up the IATs without having the map wires connected to it as well ? , or does it need the map to be wired as well to get the reading ?

Friday, June 29, 2012 9:00 PM
SunburstSS wrote:
EvoFire wrote:the TMAP is all one plug, it would be easier and require less work to just run the thread in style sensor...otherwise you are splicing a sensor just to have to redo it later. the thread in IAT plugs right in to the stock IAT harness.

I know, however the plug has 4 wires coming out of it, 2 are for the IAT sensor, if I wire the IAT sensor to those two wires will the sensor pick up the IATs without having the map wires connected to it as well ? , or does it need the map to be wired as well to get the reading ?

This has been asked before but never answered.

FU Tuning

Friday, June 29, 2012 9:14 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:
SunburstSS wrote:

This has been asked before but never answered.

I see, I guess I will give it a try and see what happens then report back

Monday, July 02, 2012 5:11 PM
SunburstSS wrote: So the question remains will the TMAP work with just measuring IAT's without the MAP portion hooked up ?

Yes it will. This is what I did for a one bar s/c tune. I disconnected the map plug that comes off the injector harness going to the tmap harness and plugged in a one bar that I T'ed into the line going from the manifold to the FPR. I had to grind off the key way in the one bar and flip the plug around otherwise the wiring would be backwards on the map if you plugged it in the right way.

Save your money. It might be worth something someday.

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 10:35 AM
Rare5spd wrote:
SunburstSS wrote: So the question remains will the TMAP work with just measuring IAT's without the MAP portion hooked up ?

Yes it will. This is what I did for a one bar s/c tune. I disconnected the map plug that comes off the injector harness going to the tmap harness and plugged in a one bar that I T'ed into the line going from the manifold to the FPR. I had to grind off the key way in the one bar and flip the plug around otherwise the wiring would be backwards on the map if you plugged it in the right way.

I see,I actually did it yesterday and to confirm the answer, yes it works, u can use the iat function of the tmap only, i didnt have to flip anything as far as the map, i left the stock map plug and plugged it in to the stock map normally and i believe it read properly, its it tee'd to the hose that goes to the fpr as well as my boost gauge, I will double check on the readings again through HPTuners again.

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 7:13 PM
SunburstSS wrote:
Rare5spd wrote:

I see,I actually did it yesterday and to confirm the answer, yes it works, u can use the iat function of the tmap only, i didnt have to flip anything as far as the map, i left the stock map plug and plugged it in to the stock map normally and i believe it read properly, its it tee'd to the hose that goes to the fpr as well as my boost gauge, I will double check on the readings again through HPTuners again.

Good to know.

What pins did you connect to? Maybe some pictures?

FU Tuning

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 9:07 PM
We just took te blower off his car last weekend haha, it's on another membrs car now...Brain might remember I don't

Thursday, July 05, 2012 10:05 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:
SunburstSS wrote:
Rare5spd wrote:

Good to know.

What pins did you connect to? Maybe some pictures?

Pin number 1 & 2 " starting from the right side of the TMAP, it worked fine, i'll try to get some pics later on, I used the same diagram for wiring the tmap as well

Thursday, July 05, 2012 6:48 PM
2.5 Bar TMAP installed where it should be, pins are numbered on the tmap, I used pin one and two, and left 2 & 4 taped up and not used

Stock IAT Plug :Black wire " Low Reference " = Pin number 1 " far right "
Stock IAT Plug Tan wire " IAT Signal " = Pin number 2 " from the right as well "

Moral of the story, if you have the TMAP with your kit already and want to use 1 bar MAP, don't buy a threaded IAT to read IAT's just use the TMAP

HPT logs available upon request

Pics :

TMAP Installed

Stock 1 Bar MAP is plugged in to the stock harness, vaccum hose tee'd to the hose that comes out of the top of the intake manifold

Friday, July 06, 2012 11:45 AM
good work and research to do this, just seems like it would be a cleaner install with the complete rewire to the tmap.

Friday, July 06, 2012 6:17 PM
nice man, when you gonna have this beast running? vids?

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Saturday, July 07, 2012 10:37 AM
I agree that it would be cleaner lol, i didn't even attempt to make it look clean haha...

but yeah the car turns on and runs fine, loaded the base tune on it, I ordered a new belt to put on, will post the videos soon on my build thread !

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search