LD9 TVS Build - Page 5 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: LD9 TVS Build
Friday, June 15, 2012 10:18 PM

Saturday, June 16, 2012 9:20 AM
Manifold looks awesome coated like that.

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Monday, June 18, 2012 8:04 AM
Love the finish on the manifold - looks very OEM and classy.

I have to ask though - how come you didn't smooth it out and remove the bosses and casting flash before it was coated? You just wanted it to look more stock?

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Tuesday, June 19, 2012 11:47 PM
Quote:

I have to ask though - how come you didn't smooth it out and remove the bosses and casting flash before it was coated? You just wanted it to look more stock?

I took a die grinder to it a few years ago but wasn't going for a complete clean up. Really just cleaned up some of the more ugly casting marks but left it mostly stock.

The timing housing wasn't ready because it was really dirty and its taking him longer then expected to clean/prep it, but we all know what gloss black looks like. Because he still has material I have decided to have my strut bar done in this textured red. I am also looking into doing the alternator, that going too far?

Rest of the textured red:

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Thursday, June 21, 2012 10:37 AM
god i love that look. id like to do maybe wrinkle grey on some things...

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Friday, June 22, 2012 6:55 PM
So, talked to my machinist today for an update and come to find out he hasn't gotten to it yet and won't until "winter". I dropped it off in February and at the time he said 2-3 months. I think he lost interest when I downgraded what i wanted done because of the supercharger. So I'm pissed he didn't have the balls to inform me he was swamped and instead of the motor being almost done I now have to start over again.

Friday, June 22, 2012 7:47 PM
On another note I have been thinking about fuel injectors again. What are my options if I don't want to modify the fuel rail for Cobalt injectors to fit? I would settle for the stock injector length and connector type so i can find ones that fit.

Friday, June 22, 2012 9:01 PM
Disregard my last post, I wasn't clear on what exactly was required to "slot" the fuel rail the 1/4" closer to the head. But I found Mike's write up on Q4F and its way simpler then I thought. Im going to stop posting things while I'm upset and tired.

Saturday, June 23, 2012 2:56 PM
I'm also re-visiting the air-water IC setup due to concerns about boost surge with the length of pipe in the FMIC setup.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:46 AM
What injectors are you thinking of running? I maxed out my LSJ injectors and Im only running the M45. I would suggest atleast 550cc's.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 10:49 PM
I'm going with Injector Dynamics 725cc injectors. They are probably a bit much but it leaves me room to grow and everyone said these injectors are great at low pulse widths.

Sunday, July 01, 2012 4:15 PM
Due to recent personal events I am abandoning the supercharger idea. I am still going to put the motor together, haven't decided on custom pistons or just running what I got. I hope someone else picks this up for their project, buy it here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harrop-1320-TVS-Roots-Supercharger-LSJ-Cobalt-Ion-Redline-2-Pulleys-/290737289164?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b14af7cc&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_121 9

Sunday, July 01, 2012 5:11 PM
That price you have it at is a hell of a deal. I really hope another JBO'er picks it up. Better yet, another KGMer.

Error: Sig not found.

Sunday, July 01, 2012 5:40 PM
Thanks Tinkles, the price is what I paid plus the extra pulley. Not trying to make money, just need to get what I put in back out of it.

Monday, July 02, 2012 7:56 PM
No this was looking so good

*****BLAME IT ON THE ALCOHOL*****
Monday, July 02, 2012 8:43 PM
Ahh no! I'm extremely sad you gave up on this, I was excited to see how you managed to jump the hurdles I am currently jumping.

I love when people go outside the box, your build had me excited.

So you're just doing an N/A build now?

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, July 05, 2012 1:19 AM
I obviously didn't want to sell it but life got in the way.

I am still putting the motor together NA, hoping it will be 180-190 whp.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search