Turbo - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turbo
Wednesday, July 04, 2012 8:07 PM
So i am new to turbos and i have noticed that there are what look like to me 2 wastegate flanges. How does that work? i know that there is a flange on my manifold but where does it connect to. and does it dump back into the manifold or do i need it to go back into my exhaust? The turbo i am looking at is a t3/t4.

Re: Turbo
Wednesday, July 04, 2012 8:14 PM
Ok i found out that its the oil inlet and out let. But i still dont know how the external wastegate is added in? where does it attach to the turbo or is it just from the manifold to an dump pipe?
Wednesday, July 04, 2012 8:30 PM
if the turbo is an external wastegate turbo then yes it hooks to the manifold

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Wednesday, July 04, 2012 8:33 PM
So all it does is lets out exhaust from the manifold to ether the air or exhaust?
Wednesday, July 04, 2012 9:01 PM
Yea you can just run it to the atmosephere (open dump) or tie it into your down pipe..
Wednesday, July 04, 2012 9:58 PM
will letting it go to the air effect my emmissions? like will they make me have to change it?
Thursday, July 05, 2012 8:11 AM
To tell ya the truth man I really dont know.. I live in Maryland and we have emmisions also and I have to call and find out myself what the laws are and if it will pass with an open dump.. When mine if finished thats how Im running mine..open dump.. But here ( Maryland) I think they just hook this gismo up to the port under the dash and check emmisions that way..They dont hook up that hose to the tail pipe down here anymore I dont think.. But yea Tony just call your local emmisions and see what the laws are and see if it will be ok..

Also its pretty much for your taste if you want to run an open dump or just run it into your downpipe.. If I read rite I dont think one way is better than the other but I could be mistaken.. Maybee someone else will chime in and give you more details about that..Good luck with everything.. Oh yea on another note it doesnt hurt to do ALOT of research and READING about forced induction and the general know how about how turbos work and what all is needed when you go that route.. There is ALOT of GREAT info on this sit and could answer just about anything you wanna know..
Thursday, July 05, 2012 4:29 PM
Boost FAQ *sticky* on the main Boost page.

Please look around and read before making a thread that has been covered before.

If you need more indepth information, feel free to order the book Maximum Boost by Corky Bell from Amazon, or Chapters/Indigo. It should answer every question you have, and more, about Turbochargers, Turbo systems, Fuel Systems and Thermal Dynamics.

Thursday, July 05, 2012 5:42 PM
My questions were not covered in that sticky i have read all of them allready thx though, and these other people here have answered them any way so again thx.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search