Smooth flow pulley hub with pulley boys pulley? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Smooth flow pulley hub with pulley boys pulley?
Tuesday, March 31, 2009 8:45 PM
I have a 2.7" smooth flow pulley and am looking at upgrading to a 2.6" before my tune easter weekend and am wondering if the smooth flow pulley hub will work with a pulley boys pulley? I was looking a pics and saw that both setups had 5 screws but not sure if they are compatible. Wondering if anyone can help me out with this.

Re: Smooth flow pulley hub with pulley boys pulley?
Tuesday, March 31, 2009 8:51 PM
As far as i know all 5 bolt hubs are the same.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 1:04 PM
They are the same. I have one of Nate's pullies on my PB hub, works just fine.

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Wednesday, April 01, 2009 4:28 PM
I just bought the pulley from smooth flow...it was only $50 without the hub which I didn't need anyways, just gonna use the one off my 2.7". Thanks anyways.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 6:32 PM
Nate's pulleys are great. Highly recommended...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, April 02, 2009 5:33 AM
Yea I had a pulley boys hub and went with nates 2.7 pulley to start with. Then went to the 2.6 and loved it.

Thursday, April 02, 2009 8:00 AM
I was jus talking to the guy who is tuning my car he said we are gonna tune the car on the 2.7 and then switch over to the 2.6 after we can't get any more out of the car and then see how much whp can be picked up going from the 2.7 to the 2.6. I'm interested to see what the gains will be. I'll do some research here in a few min but wondering if you need to run a smaller belt with the 2.6' pulley? If I remember correctly I think it is fine to run with the stock belt but I thought I'd ask just to be sure.

Thursday, April 02, 2009 11:40 AM
I also have one of Nate's 3.1" pulleys on a GM stage hub(M62). It fits perfectly, weights next to nothing, and looks brand new(bought it used). I plan on going back to him when i drop down to a 2.9"

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Sunday, July 15, 2012 10:24 PM
bringing this one back..cause I have a SF hub and 3.0" pulley. I can get the 2.8" ZZP pulley locally...will it work on the SF hub and is it the same quality? I thought I remember (steve?) at SF telling me they had a better quality hub and pulley material...

what ever happened with the pulley swap numbers anyways? notice a huge difference? Im not planning on going lower than a 2.8" because with stock internals Im worried about abuse and breaking something...oh and to answer your question I wouldnt go lower than a 3.0" without a Stage2 belt at least...even ZZP sayss not to and they say many belts break under 2.8"

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Monday, July 16, 2012 4:17 AM
My car had the mp45 so not quite the same. I think I picked up 12whp going from the 2.7" to 2.6" with meth.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search