60lb Injectors? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
60lb Injectors?
Tuesday, July 17, 2012 10:19 PM
I have looked and looked but for some reason cannot find the 60lb injectors everyone is saying I need to use to go s/c on an ecotec, can someone post the link of where I can buy them It would be very much appreciated.

Re: 60lb Injectors?
Tuesday, July 17, 2012 10:56 PM
Go to cobaltss.net or redlineforums and pickup some stage 2 injectors that someone swapped out. They are 42 lb/hr and with a racetronix fuel pump I made the numbers in my sig with mid 30's for duty cycle. I ended up gettng mine for 75 shipped.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 11:10 PM
Hmm ok thanks, but if you made those numbers (which is what I am aiming for) with 42lb/hr then why do people run 60lb?

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 12:22 AM
Most people go with 60's because they use the stock fuel pump, but with a racetronix pump and harness you can get more out of smaller injectors because of the increase in flow. Perfect example of this is in Tinkles TVS thread in P&M where oldskool went to retune the car with the same60's he was running on a stock pump and the mp62. With the eaton injector were dam near maxedout, then with the racetronix they had room to grow with the larger blower installed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, July 18, 2012 12:54 AM

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 3:03 AM
JUCNBST is not wrong in what he is saying about the difference between stock fuel pump and racetronix pump. I think the harness might even be the difference maker.

Still I would go 60's. Mainly because of my experience/what pulley size your going to use/and safety.

My personal car(not a Eco), but supercharged and a smaller charger, I'm maxing out 42's. I'm also not likely at JUCNBST power either, but I do have the racetronix and harness upgrade.

I would always rather have more injector than need than not enough.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 8:27 AM
I have some rc 550cc (52.4lb) injectors for sale that I was running on my turbo eco. If your interested send me a pm.

If your interested in custom aluminum tilt wheel levers hit me up!
Wednesday, July 18, 2012 9:35 AM
Alright understood, I'm planning on runnning a 3" pulley, but can I safely run a smaller pulley with stock internals? And for BOOSTEDECO im saving up money right now so for the moment no I'm going to start buying parts in december for the s/c because I am currently working on swapping an Eco into my car

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 10:14 AM
Unless you have a very @!#$ty tune, you wont blow up an Eco with a M62.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 10:53 AM
so then whats the smallest i could run?

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 12:45 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:Unless you have a very @!#$ty tune, you wont blow up an Eco with a M62.

Exactly!!!

YOu can run a 2.8 on a stock Eco with M62. I would not run a 2.8 without either a very good h/e and dual pass setup (more than a ss/sc or cobra h/e), and or meth.

I have tuned a car without meth on a 2.8. He had the dual pass, and ZZP S3 h/e. IATs were nice in Fl summer weather, but we did not have watch timing a little.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 3:00 PM
keep in mind, these guys are not talking about running the GMPP reflash. you're going to need to be set up on HPT to make that work.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 4:02 PM
yeah someone already told me that the gm flash is garbage so im going to use hp tuners

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 4:04 PM
I would still like someone to show me where I can get the 60lb injectors

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 5:58 PM
Wednesday, July 18, 2012 6:53 PM
thanks

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search