changing pulley size - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
changing pulley size
Tuesday, July 24, 2012 10:53 AM
i have the stock pulley for my m62, im wondering what size i should drop down too? and do i just get a pressed on pulley? would i will need any tuning?, i am also ordering both spacers soon(within the next week) and also was wondering what would i need to make the belt work right with the smaller pulley.adjustable belt tensioner?

Re: changing pulley size
Tuesday, July 24, 2012 12:18 PM
research....there is one thread that covers it all...

i hate this new wave of noobs that wants to be spoon fed.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 7:35 AM
i prefer a spork.....

and yes, you will need a pulley puller to downsize (basically the hub to an aftermarket pulley needs to take the stockers place). you will need tuning. spacers will make your belt issue complicated. the stage1 cobalt SS/SC belt will work with both spacers and down to a 3.0" pulley usually. it might be silghtly loose, but you can also change the idler and tension pulleys out as you see fit, they're compatible. idler is bigger so you can put an idler pulley in the tensioner pulleys location to compensate a little wiggle room.

other than that, yes, search. use the advanced feature, make sure to choose 'all forums' and youll find a plethora of information.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Wednesday, July 25, 2012 4:50 PM
blu04DD wrote:i prefer a spork.....
and yes, you will need a pulley puller to downsize (basically the hub to an aftermarket pulley needs to take the stockers place). you will need tuning. spacers will make your belt issue complicated. the stage1 cobalt SS/SC belt will work with both spacers and down to a 3.0" pulley usually. it might be silghtly loose, but you can also change the idler and tension pulleys out as you see fit, they're compatible. idler is bigger so you can put an idler pulley in the tensioner pulleys location to compensate a little wiggle room.

other than that, yes, search. use the advanced feature, make sure to choose 'all forums' and youll find a plethora of information.

stop spoon feeding the noobs!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search