Boosted J's in AZ? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Boosted J's in AZ?
Tuesday, August 07, 2012 11:44 AM
Hello everybody,

Finally got the build completed and brought her home from the shop... tune's still a little rough, running around 270 to the wheels on a built 2.2 Eco & 4T40 w/ Hahn Stage II. Wanted to reach out to other members in AZ to get some recommendations on local resources (parts, tuning, etc...) for J's in the AZ/ Phoenix metro area.

Thanks in advance

She may not look like much...
... but she's got it where it counts kid

Re: Boosted J's in AZ?
Tuesday, August 07, 2012 11:52 AM
not much going on for J's here in the PHX area. But there are a few really good forums. I am Chris AkA EvoFire. what part of town are you in?

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 12:19 PM
Most boosted j-bodys have moved on or out of phoenix lol, there are still a few.
Tuesday, August 07, 2012 12:27 PM
Theres a few here still, but i think the only one from back in the day might be Alan. Eric isnt really into it anymore, Todd moved.

There is a new generation though but 90% of them are ricer style.

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 1:49 PM
yea, i know the feeling,. there isnt anything here in the part of texas im in, granted south of east 150 miles there are some nice cars.

yea there was
alan
dan - moved
todd - moved
me - moved
brandon - went to a truck/crawler
eric - ?
colleen - ?
possibly more but that was off the top of my head
Tuesday, August 07, 2012 2:06 PM
alans still works on his every day. eric wrecked charlie (which was collens) so he is a v8 guy now with a boosted eco project in the works.

i have mine blown now, there is a navy guy who comes back sometimes who is boosted homemade kit style, another navy guy who is supering his soon, and other then that the only other ones i know of dont get on here at all or are or were never part of azjbo.

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 4:01 PM
Nice to meet you all, I'm Alaric. Living in Tempe right now. Moved from Guam and Saipan about 7 years ago. They're little dots in the Pacific not many know of... though the navy guys EvoFire mentioned would probably know right where they're at. Had a great job with travel benefits, an island paradise home and the life of a simple fool... then I met this girl from Phoenix... the rest of the story resembles a bad made for TV movie.

I'm somewhat new to all this and still learning. Working the kinks out of the tune right now, got a guy doing it with HPT... it's just that sometimes it feels as if we are re-inventing the wheel. Thanks for all the input.

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 5:41 AM
I dont know if Chris considers me one of the "navy" guys... ha! I used to live out in North Phoenix but im stationed in NOrfolk, VA as of current. The cavy was moved to VA with me though...

But yes...not many shops around the area. Performance Muffer is great for exhaust. Lopers has your run of the mill parts...mainly stainless line, fittings, etc. But they're mainly V8 guys. YOur best bet is your garage, online shops and HPT

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 12:15 PM
Hola Senor... I think the quote in your sig is actually the unofficial motto of Guam :o)

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 12:33 PM
I am still here, well I moved here a little over a year ago..lol.....Up in Deer Valley....

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 12:55 PM
where did todd move too? thats to bad about charlie

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 1:07 PM
todd moved to davis california with some (at the time) 18 year old girl. sold the blower kit from his red sunfire that had karos old N/A beast motor in it.

Thursday, August 09, 2012 9:14 AM
I am One of the other "Navy" guys which should be supercharged soon after I get done moving into the new house (which is next month) that's more important on my list right now. But i come back to the valley from time to time and will try to come back to the west coast when it comes time to transfer. AZ has a pretty decent J body scene not as good as it use to be but not bad none the less.

As far as parts and work the local J owners should be able to hook you up and teach you a thing or two. Chris is a good guy and has lots of knowledge to share. Other then that I've been away for a while so I'm not sure who's still active and what not.
Thursday, August 09, 2012 3:17 PM
Anybody do any racing at Firebird? I'm still a ways from being there, but looking forward to it once I've got things the way I want them...

Thursday, August 09, 2012 11:16 PM
Aluminum Falcon wrote:Hello everybody,

built 2.2 Eco & 4T40 w/ Hahn Stage II.

automatic with Hahn turbo?

can you please tell me what you had to do to make this work. I've emailed Hahn and searched and am really getting nowhere. I live in phx btw.

http://youtu.be/RXppsUVhJJE
my car ^
Friday, August 10, 2012 9:22 AM
I guess I should have said 'highly modified' Hahn kit... the piping Hahn sent was pretty useless, ended up having to get most of it custom. You might be better piecing it together rather than buying their kit. Brooks Racing in Mesa did the work for me... call and talk to Emma, tell her I sent you

Friday, August 10, 2012 1:47 PM
ill be boosted before the holidays along with my friend matt tirpak and conner sobotka will be boosting right behind us all 3 going turbo
Friday, August 10, 2012 2:03 PM
guy go look in the classifieds. i have a few cool parts in there that are good for boosted applications.

Friday, August 10, 2012 2:29 PM
all im seeing is the gm oil pump gears, im in need of a flywheel and im gonna start the build
Friday, August 10, 2012 4:42 PM
Got most of the charge piping from the Hahn kitl for a manual setup left over if anyone's interested

Monday, August 13, 2012 8:26 AM
Aluminum Falcon wrote:Got most of the charge piping from the Hahn kitl for a manual setup left over if anyone's interested

pm'ed

Monday, August 13, 2012 5:45 PM
Over a decade of boosted J-body goodness here still roaming the PHX streets

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Monday, August 13, 2012 10:30 PM
I'm at fort huachuca, near sierra vista,AZ. I don't know much about phoenix, but a guy in Tucson, Evan from es tuned dyno tuned my pcm and portfueler on my eco cavy, only 300 for 4 sessions too. Other than that I've had to search everywhere to find anything good for a l61.
Monday, August 13, 2012 10:58 PM
Chris you left me out.... Once the house is done being built and move in, the cavy will start its over haul. Will be getting the built motor and Turbo. Along with a bunch of other parts.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 5:47 AM
brain fart Thomas too lol

unless this was ment for evofire chris lmfao
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search