Blower pulley hitting tensioner? - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Blower pulley hitting tensioner?
Thursday, August 16, 2012 1:11 PM
go buy a pulley puller and take it off, it only needs to come out a couple 1/1000 of an inch, does it spin easily?

Thursday, August 16, 2012 1:23 PM
Thats the thing man.. I have already used a pulley puller. I pressed on the hub so hard it left an indent, it wont fing come off without blowing the thing up. My luck..
Thursday, August 16, 2012 1:26 PM
but did you use a proper pulley pulley....there are pullers designed for this specific supercharger.

Thursday, August 16, 2012 1:40 PM
No i didnt, it wasnt even a supercharger puller. Just some three armed puller for actually pulleys 3.25" or smaller, so it wasnt even the proper one.
Thursday, August 16, 2012 1:51 PM
well the puller i have has done 5-6 that i know of with no issues.

Thursday, August 16, 2012 2:01 PM
Lol okay, I know I may get shunned by everyone on here for doing this, but I was getting a little upset with the thing, and I knew I was going to have to replace the pulley anyways.. So I hit it with a hammer. Hahaha.. and guess what happened.. It clears now. but only like a 1/16th of an inch. Would this be efficient enough?

Thursday, August 16, 2012 2:09 PM
id replace the whole pulley man. beating on it with a hammer can distort and disfigure it. i replied to your pm, and my deal still stands. i think its very fair and the best idea is to put a new pulley on there and make sure its done right, and be good to go.

Thursday, August 16, 2012 3:44 PM
Geez...

Step away from the car man!

Hammering the supercharger pulley!? You kidding me!

Get the proper pulley puller thats made for superchargers and itll work. Those 3 jaw pullers arent the best when it comes to these.

If you dont like Evo's deal, ZZP rents them.

The main reason your having as many issues as you are having is you didnt have everything lined up before you started. Always with a larger project such as this make sure you have everything and read as much about it as you can. It saves the headaches..believe me.
Thursday, August 16, 2012 4:55 PM
Well I just went with it since I knew I was going to get the pulley replaced anyways.. haha and yeah I figured that out the hard way.. I thought I did but I ran into problem after problem and this supercharger pulley was not my fault.. The only thing I didnt accomodate for were the injector spacers, didnt think I needed them.
Thursday, August 16, 2012 5:12 PM
True enough the charger wasnt your fault.

I wouldnt be worried about the pulley but the shaft on the supercharger and such. Im sure its fine but I wouldnt be beating on it with a hammer anymore.

But the correct bolts and spacers were. Its all good. Get it on and running and itll be worth it
Friday, August 17, 2012 6:24 AM
yea, you didnt want to bend the supercharger shaft..........eek

Friday, August 17, 2012 9:53 PM
Ehh the way I see it, I think I will be replacing the entire blower anyways, with a 3.1" pulley in the next year or so. So it doesnt matter.. Unless it acts up, then Ill just get a new blower now but.. I have a question for people with an AEM cai and the m62, how did you guys get the throttle body to make that curve back to the cai tube? D: Hopefully will start it tomorrow.
Saturday, August 18, 2012 5:55 AM
I believe that you have the use the K&N elbow.
Saturday, August 18, 2012 1:57 PM
Got everything together.. But it wont start.. Its cranking, turning the blower, but no spark. I changed the spark plugs, to iridium 3 steps colder, yes I know I didnt need them. Its not fing starting. The plugs maybe? the injectors? the blower seems fine, my starter is great.
Saturday, August 18, 2012 1:58 PM
The battery is new, so im assuming its getting enough voltage. The wiring I did? Would it affect the start up? Everything is in its spot. God almighty..
Saturday, August 18, 2012 2:05 PM
ECU having theft deterent?
Saturday, August 18, 2012 2:31 PM
Lol spamming this thread out of worrying. I just plugged the old ecu up, it ran then stalled in less than a second. It most likely leaned out. Thinking its the ecu's problem?
Saturday, August 18, 2012 2:35 PM
you need to do the passlock relearn i am sure of it. its here in the FAQs somewhere...

also i just got the PM with your address. Ill ship monday morning.

Saturday, August 18, 2012 2:45 PM
Yep, theft lock, it's cutting fuel

Saturday, August 18, 2012 3:03 PM
Ahh no way. I put my original ecu in, it fired but died, did it again, lasted a little longer but died. Now tried the new ecu, the one the guy sent me, and it doesnt start. How do I do this passlock relearn? Lol I read that I need to keep the key in the on position for a long time and the security light leaves?
Saturday, August 18, 2012 3:14 PM
search pass lock on here....its easy.

Saturday, August 18, 2012 3:27 PM
Haha did the passlock and it ran.. let it warm up and drove it.. Cant believe it.. Thanks for everyones help on here!
Saturday, August 18, 2012 4:12 PM
Thumbs up
Saturday, August 18, 2012 7:18 PM
Glad you got it worked out!
Sunday, August 19, 2012 2:51 PM
dude i hope you learn from your issues or were gonna have a pile of post coming from you in the future
How do i change my oil
how do i can't my light bulbs
how do i fill my car up with gas

JBO since July 30, 2001
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search