TPS postion with Eco GM Supercharger Reflash - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
TPS postion with Eco GM Supercharger Reflash
Friday, August 17, 2012 1:05 PM
My TPS % in the android app Torque goes from 8%-85% or so. I was wondering if this was normal. I did some searching on here and saw a couple people talk about the same issue, but none really gave a clear answer. The reason I am asking this is I am still throwing a p0172 bank 1 rich code every so often. Freeze frames always say its happening when I'm at 8-11psi boost and 20% throttle. It is really getting annoying. I remember reading that the TPS controls some of the fueling on the crap flash. I was throwing it a couple times every day before I swapped my used injectors for new ones.

Re: TPS postion with Eco GM Supercharger Reflash
Friday, August 17, 2012 2:45 PM
i have never used the android app, but i have seen that in my HPT as well, it's got to do with the voltage output of the sensor. in HPT there are 2 TPS sensors listed, TPS and TPS SAE. the TPS SAE is the one that is ~8-85. if you can, use a different listing, otherwise consider 8% as 0% and 85% as 100%

Friday, August 17, 2012 5:04 PM
It shows the same on my Interceptor......kinda odd.
Friday, August 17, 2012 9:07 PM
Yeah I read that it was normal for most cars. Then I read some threads on the org where people were saying that it was supposed to be 0-100. Thanks guys.
Saturday, August 18, 2012 10:42 AM
I have never use the android app either, but in HPT if you do not have it set up right it will read similar. You have to select the correct PID/SEN to log to get it right.

I'm guessing it is the same for your app, but not sure if you have the option to change it.

FU Tuning

Monday, August 27, 2012 10:19 AM
OP which app were you using for this? I noticed the same thing on my android app (Torque) with my GM reflashed car. It's actually something like 9.7% instead of 0 for me. I had this same phone and bluetooth dongle hooked up to a 2200 5-speed and it read flawlessly from 0-100% for years. It must be something in the GM crapflash. It's giving me other trouble now too...

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, August 27, 2012 12:02 PM
Subscribed..

Monday, August 27, 2012 1:50 PM
I am using the latest version of Torque as stated.
Monday, August 27, 2012 2:30 PM
Having looked at many cars on a scan tool, most cars don't go to %0 when closed, nor %100 when floored. Seems to be 0-%10 is normal.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Tuesday, August 28, 2012 11:37 AM
Oedwards wrote:Having looked at many cars on a scan tool, most cars don't go to %0 when closed, nor %100 when floored. Seems to be 0-%10 is normal.

Interesting. I have also plugged into probably 100s of cars but never saw anything other than 0% throttle when there was no one in the driver seat. Confusing

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, September 10, 2012 3:07 PM
I changed my TPS last night, and was noticing the samething. I also am on the relash. at idle it is about 9% and at WOT it is about 87-90%. Does anyone else have any more info about this?

Monday, September 10, 2012 6:25 PM
Hi guys just thought I'd add my two cents...most of you read this reply and instantly try to find my "credentials" dont waste your time first post ever. However I can tell you this is completely normal I have a completely stock cavi other than couple bolt ons and mine never goes below 8.7% and never above 87% tps this is because the ecm perceives anything above 85% to be wot. Anyways the ecm goes into open loop and controls fuel trim via map sensor, engine speed and ect by the way the ecm reads voltage from tp in the .00V if you suspect a issue I suggest backprobing the tps signal wire with a voltmeter koeo stipping on the throttle and watching the voltage if it a smooth transition chances are your good sorry if I sound like a smart ass or know it all but like I said first post little excited, hope this helps.
Monday, September 10, 2012 6:45 PM
I mean that makes some kind of sense, but what gets me is that my other cavalier read 0-100 flawlessly. I even remember seeing numbers in the 90's once being just less than full throttle. So the fact that this other car does it with the same interface tells me that theres some funky tuning going on. Whether its actually a problem or not is still up for debate, and id even guess probably not.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, September 10, 2012 7:46 PM
Id imagine not given the amount of people that are having the same numbers.

Law of averages lol..
Monday, September 10, 2012 7:53 PM
Yea be glad our cars aren't fly by wire then we would have relative tps absolute tps commanded tps and not to mention acc position a, acc position b...yea we got it easy. Some cars actually do go from 0-100% but never heard of it on l61 (of our year models) maybe on generic scan tool in global obd-II but I read mine and several others with tech-2 and currently my matco scan tool. I have a cobalt ss turbo ready for install on my car and was thinking of running it with s/c reflash but now having second thoughts after reading a couple threads.
Tuesday, September 11, 2012 12:25 AM
It's not the app its how gm did it. Can't change it on the app but you can on hpt...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search