Ecotec connecting rod - Eagle or Carillo or other? - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Ecotec connecting rod - Eagle or Carillo or other?
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:04 PM
I run bates sleeves no issues if you go sleeved go bates but have HIM do the sleeves all these people are having issues because machine shops are not installing them properly to his specs. Theres more then a few bates blocks pushing over 900hp.For rods eagle or carillo are good rods big hp go carillo.

Thursday, August 23, 2012 1:55 PM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) v2.0 wrote:darton sleeved blocks supposedly have overheating issues due to not enough flow for the cooling system
on the rod issue: if it were up to me, and the money was no question, carillo is who I'd go with hands down.

the build book refers to carillo several times on their high-power builds. eagle makes good rods, but if you want to build an engine to support 500hp without any problem, over building it is the only choice.
if the extra cost doesn't scare you, go with carillo 100%.

Completely agree. When I built sprint car motors in the past, carillo was the ONLY name. 800+ HP numbers all day; never had a rod failure. I know we're talking about apples and oranges, but I also used them in my turbo 'vette. Not saying Eagles aren't good, just saying carillos are proven to be phenomenal in other circuits.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, August 23, 2012 5:57 PM
Ricardo Rosario wrote:I run bates sleeves no issues if you go sleeved go bates but have HIM do the sleeves all these people are having issues because machine shops are not installing them properly to his specs. Theres more then a few bates blocks pushing over 900hp.For rods eagle or carillo are good rods big hp go carillo.

There is a few stories of people getting Bates sleeves even from Bates and having huge issues and poor customer service.
Thursday, August 23, 2012 7:26 PM
Philly D wrote:
Ricardo Rosario wrote:I run bates sleeves no issues if you go sleeved go bates but have HIM do the sleeves all these people are having issues because machine shops are not installing them properly to his specs. Theres more then a few bates blocks pushing over 900hp.For rods eagle or carillo are good rods big hp go carillo.

There is a few stories of people getting Bates sleeves even from Bates and having huge issues and poor customer service.

Ray bates is a great guy and will answer any questions you have. Were the issues over heat issues? In my honest opinion if your going to sleave a motor and run it on the street you HAVE to upgrade your cooling system as the sleaves are thicker and will hold in more heat. Bates did all of gms motors and actually still has a few at his shop ready to go if you have 2500 to drop, I will be going bates sleaved with a sonny brant crank in the future after the car is together and get bugs worked out.

Buy my stuff!!! CLICK

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search