boost gauge help - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: boost gauge help
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 3:35 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:
sman wrote:
SweetnessGT wrote:BOV = Blow.Off.Valve... it is put in place to relieve the pressure that is created in the pipes under load.

Therefore if it is venting then it is pressurizing.

-Chris-

I do know what bov means, but thanks anyways for thinking I'm stupid

Thinking? You are proving it on your own. You need to stop, pick up a book(Corky Bell's "Maximum Boost" is a very good choice), and educate yourself.

The verdict:
You ARE making boost. 20psi i would say. It feels really weak, because it isnt properly tuned. Also because it isnt properly tuned you are a few pulls away from blowing your engine.

I started reading the thread, and before getting to any of the replies I thought to myself. "I wonder what 20psi on stock injectors feels like"

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:59 PM
You are probably building some boost....but i would say the gauge is off. at idle you should normally be around 15" vacume. What size turbo are you running?
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 6:12 PM
i have a feeling we are all being given the run around, I think this guy has NO IDEA what he is doing or even saying....

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 6:40 PM
russ weisgarber wrote:You are probably building some boost....but i would say the gauge is off. at idle you should normally be around 15" vacume. What size turbo are you running?

.57 compressor wheel trim, 50 A/R compressor housing, .63 A/R turbine housing. T3/T4 hybrid wet float bearings.... That is the specs that I was given
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 6:41 PM
EvoFire wrote:i have a feeling we are all being given the run around, I think this guy has NO IDEA what he is doing or even saying....[/quote

Yes I do know what I'm talking about
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 6:50 PM
sman wrote:Yes I do know what I'm talking about

you cant even quote right. you have not shown one bit that you know what you are doing. not one single bit...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, August 21, 2012 6:56 PM

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 6:59 PM
EvoFire wrote:
sman wrote:Yes I do know what I'm talking about

you cant even quote right. you have not shown one bit that you know what you are doing. not one single bit...

Yes I can.. and do.. so what if a quote was messed up.. I'm on a cell phone, get over it
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 7:00 PM
Eat that.. how was that quote for ya, sucker?
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 11:07 PM
Oh Snap!

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:10 AM
I can't bear to read anymore.

The only other real thing I can think of is to check and see if your waste gate cotter pin somehow came off. That happened to me somehow, and I was like "wtf wheres my b00st"

I roll on steelies. Work-in-progress daily-sleeper potential.
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/engine/60493/
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:23 AM
Eric Knight wrote:I can't bear to read anymore.

The only other real thing I can think of is to check and see if your waste gate cotter pin somehow came off. That happened to me somehow, and I was like "wtf wheres my b00st"

Ok, thanks. Going to check now

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:58 AM
Nope, cotter pin still there.
Thursday, August 23, 2012 3:45 PM
sucks

Friday, August 24, 2012 11:46 AM
Eric Knight wrote:sucks

Yes it does. It's bugging me cause I don't know what it is or what's going on
Friday, August 24, 2012 12:13 PM
I think you should take it to someone that knows what they're talking about. Rather than just listen to some guy.

Friday, August 24, 2012 12:16 PM
SHOoff wrote:I think you should take it to someone that knows what they're talking about. Rather than just listen to some guy.

I'm working on that.. I'm in contact with Ryan from rd fabs and I'm also in contact with speed fab, waiting on them to tell me their new location so I can take it to them
Friday, August 24, 2012 9:30 PM
+1 you'll save you're self way too much time and money by doing that.

Saturday, August 25, 2012 12:27 PM
Yea, but in the mean time. I'm also trying to figure it out myself until I can get it to them
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search