to boost or to pay off that is the question!?!?!?! - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
to boost or to pay off that is the question!?!?!?!
Friday, August 31, 2012 10:20 PM
as of right now I have everything to boost but lack the cash for there tune.
but.... I have 1 year till its paid off $3000 left.
im itching for boost but I know ill want more when I do. one car beats and ill want to crank the knob my case push of a button.
I can have it paid off by february with taxes if I really want to.
what would you guys do?

my best thought is taping over my tru boost to remind me not to change settings and boosting all though no car payment sounds really tempting

Re: to boost or to pay off that is the question!?!?!?!
Friday, August 31, 2012 10:36 PM
So you have all the parts to boost the car minum roughly 250-500 for a tune? If this your only way to get around? I'd just do it if I had another car to drive. This ay you can do the install without rushing and setup up a time for a tune and hen enjoy it.

Friday, August 31, 2012 10:50 PM
Pay it off and use all the money from not having a car payment to save up for boost. Don't pay anymore interest than you have too.
Saturday, September 01, 2012 12:51 AM
Mr Newb wrote:Pay it off and use all the money from not having a car payment to save up for boost. Don't pay anymore interest than you have too.

Yep

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Saturday, September 01, 2012 1:40 AM
The feeling of having the toy paid off is better than boost.

Saturday, September 01, 2012 7:10 AM
JUCNBST wrote:So you have all the parts to boost the car minum roughly 250-500 for a tune? If this your only way to get around? I'd just do it if I had another car to drive. This ay you can do the install without rushing and setup up a time for a tune and hen enjoy it.

this is my dd and yes 250 for the tune
Saturday, September 01, 2012 7:13 AM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:The feeling of having the toy paid off is better than boost.

yeah I'm not soo sure about that.

Smart thing is to pay it off.

FU Tuning

Saturday, September 01, 2012 8:02 AM
last boosted car I had I barely got to enjoy blew in a month so it was just a teaser
Saturday, September 01, 2012 8:04 AM
If you want to be happy in life, pay off your debts before indulging in luxuries.

Saturday, September 01, 2012 9:28 AM
Pay it off. That was one of my best feelings, knowing it was mine and I owned it. The boost was a side effect. Could have paid it off so many times but I was stupid and bought parts for it.... Never do that again...

Saturday, September 01, 2012 10:11 AM
I am 56 and have been through that issue many times. With out a doubt, paying it off is better.
Should you wonder if I'm against boost/nitrous/cams, etc. I am not. Building an engine as I am able to buy stuff right now.
dennis

Sunday, September 02, 2012 5:54 AM
Always pay things off....

I can happily say that after 14 years of being in debt, I paid off everything I owe and im debt free. Its a great sense of freedom. Also say you do blow a motor or trans you can always buy a beater or pay for the repairs.
Sunday, September 02, 2012 9:52 AM
Car wise I try to always be debt free. The Cav is paid off and all the parts I have ever bought for it have been paid for free and clear. I couldn't imagine trying to build a car using credit cards. That could get bad real quick.

Realistically, if you have the cash to pay it off now why not keep $500 and pay the rest to the car. Boost it and you will have the.money for the tune and any small thing that might pop up or part you forgot you needed. Then two more payments later and your done.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Monday, September 03, 2012 8:11 AM
Fortune cookie say man with no debt is happy man.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, September 03, 2012 8:28 AM
I dropped a 300 payment this month and I think im able to drop 1000 (3 pay checks!!! for october) that is the 1/2 point of paying it off!!!! and ill just keep it going from there, maybe with tax money ill spoil my self with a motor build
or a 2ed car sense ill have all my n/a parts!!!
Tuesday, September 04, 2012 1:44 PM
boost it before you get sick of it. you'll always be in debt.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Tuesday, September 04, 2012 2:20 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:boost it before you get sick of it. you'll always be in debt.

worst advice EVER.................

pay it off and then if anything happens at least you dont have that payment & interest kicking you in the nuts, compound interest working against you is @!#$ty. financial freedom is great!!

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 5:12 AM
x2^^

My 130k 03 cavy was finally paid off this last February, after almost paying it off once, then re-financing it to pay off other debt/ move my loan to a new bank. I hated every minute of having a car payment, scrimping to save for parts.

Since then I've been using that almost $350 a month I don't have in car payment to stock pile parts for a S/C plus entire car rebuild.
And I won't go back, no more car payments until I buy a mid life crisis car with an LSx, and/or old man cruiser, caddy or such in retirement.

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 10:42 AM
LAFNGAS wrote:

worst advice EVER.................!

says the guy that makes 6 figures a year.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Wednesday, September 05, 2012 11:22 AM
PAY IT OFF!!!
My car has been paid off for almost 2 years now.
I just bought a camper and boat in cash, feels great to have toys, and no extra bills!!!!!
But student loans are another thing ..... they suck!
Wednesday, September 05, 2012 1:00 PM
Bobby Higgins wrote:PAY IT OFF!!!
My car has been paid off for almost 2 years now.
I just bought a camper and boat in cash, feels great to have toys, and no extra bills!!!!!
But student loans are another thing ..... they suck!

im more thinking a house!!!! would be nice to have a place to put my tools rather then my bedroom! lmfao

Thursday, September 06, 2012 8:23 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:
LAFNGAS wrote:

worst advice EVER.................!

says the guy that makes 6 figures a year.

talked yesterday about that with ya, income vs cost of living is probably relevant

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search