Gm Reflash, 3.0, LS1 TB - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Gm Reflash, 3.0, LS1 TB
Monday, August 27, 2012 2:33 PM
So we all know that the GM Reflash is rich anyways, there are way to fix that. I have a 3.0 pulley on the stock blower with 36lb/hr injectors, and still see low 11's for afrs, with my fuel pressure bumped up a bit. I am thinking that the bigger throttle body might be a way to help lean it out a bit more. What do you guys think? Think the reflash would be oh with the bigger throttle body?

Re: Gm Reflash, 3.0, LS1 TB
Monday, August 27, 2012 3:21 PM
You may have some idle issues...we had to bump up the idle a bit on mine with ls1 tb for a smooth idle. As for how the reflash will play with the bigger tb, I couldn't really say.

Monday, August 27, 2012 4:22 PM
I ran te reflash on the ls1tb, a 3.0 but 42lb injectors and idle was spot on for me, but ran pig rich until I got to the dyno to have Ryan tune it a few yrs back. If I were to due it over again, I wouldn't eve think twice I'd toss the ls1 tb on the reflash with a droped pulley. You said the fpr is raised slightly, worst case senario you bump it a few psi more if it's lean. The only issue with idle I had was the hole in the tb plate mine had,I needed to plug it and then everything was good to go.

Monday, August 27, 2012 4:25 PM
JUCNBST wrote:I ran te reflash on the ls1tb, a 3.0 but 42lb injectors and idle was spot on for me, but ran pig rich until I got to the dyno to have Ryan tune it a few yrs back. If I were to due it over again, I wouldn't eve think twice I'd toss the ls1 tb on the reflash with a droped pulley. You said the fpr is raised slightly, worst case senario you bump it a few psi more if it's lean. The only issue with idle I had was the hole in the tb plate mine had,I needed to plug it and then everything was good to go.

how did the 42's run with the reflash? you just left fuel pressure alone? because i could probably run the ls1 tb with 42's and turn fuel pressure DOWN and be good then.

this is the TB adaptor i would use..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CBM-10723-LS1-to-LSJ-ecotec-throttle-body-adapter-intake-supercharger-M62-NEW-/221033868171?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3376a52b8b&vxp=mtr#ht _1875wt_952

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, August 27, 2012 4:25 PM

Monday, August 27, 2012 4:29 PM
why not drop your fuel pressure to drop or raise the AFR's.

You need a real tune!

FU Tuning

Monday, August 27, 2012 4:40 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:why not drop your fuel pressure to drop or raise the AFR's.

You need a real tune!

would work, i am experimenting to see if i can pull the most outta the reflash. i have fuel pressure raised to keep injector duty cycle decent. was thinking that i could introduce more air now to lean it out just a bit.

Monday, August 27, 2012 4:47 PM
You could drop pressure and run 42's but I only drovemine on 42's for maybe 15miles from my house to Dean's Performance where the car was going to be on the dyno. Afr's were in the high 10's under light throttle, and off the charts rich if you got into boost at all.

Monday, August 27, 2012 4:52 PM
JUCNBST wrote:You could drop pressure and run 42's but I only drovemine on 42's for maybe 15miles from my house to Dean's Performance where the car was going to be on the dyno. Afr's were in the high 10's under light throttle, and off the charts rich if you got into boost at all.

got ya that makes more sense. i wills tick with the 36's and get all out of them that i can. first without meth, then eventually with meth!

Monday, August 27, 2012 5:45 PM
I wanna smack you for trying to stick with the 36# injectors and crapflash. Some 42s or 60s with a custom tune would help out ALOT.

/end Tink's mandatory crapflash plug.

I drove 2 hours down to Oldskools with the LS1 TB installed with my 3.1" pulley, LSJ injectors, and crapflash. No issues, but then i didnt beat on it. Then with my 2.9" pulley i was maxing out my 60s(stock FPR & pump).

Monday, August 27, 2012 5:53 PM
Thanks TInks! haha I know that you would chime in. I just bought one of your TPS adaptors from Matt Yoder, So its time to get the next step of project "max out the reflash" going.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 8:47 AM
Toss my blower on there like you should have in the first place and that will drop your AFR a whole point/+ with a simple 4 bolt project Get it back asap!!

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 12:18 PM
we talked about this already dude! lol

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:16 PM
I'm running a 3.0" pulley
4-2-1 header,
2.5" full exhaust, HO CAT, no resonator
31x9x3" Intercooler
3.5" intake and stock TB
Colbalt SS injectors
GM Reflash

My car runs smooth under normal driving, at WOT it runs way too lean, check engine light starts flashing, Error codes = Lean bank 1, Random misfires etc. Basically, I need a real tune.

I would guess this will only be a band-aid without a real tune. Just have it tuned with the larger TB and all. You'd be happier in the end. Just my opinion.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:19 PM
ROKN20S - aka JuicyJ wrote:I'm running a 3.0" pulley
4-2-1 header,
2.5" full exhaust, HO CAT, no resonator
31x9x3" Intercooler
3.5" intake and stock TB
Colbalt SS injectors
GM Reflash

My car runs smooth under normal driving, at WOT it runs way too lean, check engine light starts flashing, Error codes = Lean bank 1, Random misfires etc. Basically, I need a real tune.

I would guess this will only be a band-aid without a real tune. Just have it tuned with the larger TB and all. You'd be happier in the end. Just my opinion.

You didnt do anything to raise fuel pressure? i have my fuel pressure bumped up to not run lean.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:31 PM
Listening to see where this goes.

Dave

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 9:04 PM
*cough* TUNE *cough*

For real though Chris I see no reason to stick with the reflash. Get a proper tune on that thing with some 60's and the LS1 TB. And drop your pully size with some meth you'll be more then happy.

But if your interested in doing it let us know how she runs.
Wednesday, August 29, 2012 12:16 AM
ive been contemplating the LS1tb on my setup as well...so the larger throttlebody should help lean out my fuel a little? im pig rich (barries at 10.0 on the wideband) at WOT or half throttle if im upgeared. Going in boost is like instant 10mpg zone lol.
so with the 3.0" smoothflow pulley, 42.5lb injectors (stage2's), and the stock tb, that could by part of why Im running rich?

Im going to possibly install the stage2 cams i just got along with dropping the pulley size soon, and retune it. i guess at some point Im going to need to look at the tb upgrade eventually as at some point im going to start bottlenecking my air flow..id just hate spending another $100 on a stupid adapter...

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Sunday, September 02, 2012 10:02 AM
Why not the 4.3 vortec TB? Its a little smaller than the ls1 and has the correct cable pull. If I remember correctly its 70mm.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Sunday, September 02, 2012 10:21 AM
^^

That would be perfect...
Sunday, September 02, 2012 10:54 AM
They also aren't as sought after as the ls1 so they can be found cheaper. I got mine with working tps and iac for $20 shipped.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Sunday, September 02, 2012 11:20 AM
DSMskyline wrote:They also aren't as sought after as the ls1 so they can be found cheaper. I got mine with working tps and iac for $20 shipped.

becuase there are already adaptors made for the ls1 tb, and they can be found cheap too. i go one for 40 bucks with both sensors.

Sunday, September 02, 2012 11:44 AM
DSMskyline wrote:Why not the 4.3 vortec TB? Its a little smaller than the ls1 and has the correct cable pull. If I remember correctly its 70mm.

I am going to have to look into this....

*Edit* I am looking into this and so far it is looking very promising.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, September 02, 2012 12:29 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search