TPS p0122 code and PE mode - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
TPS p0122 code and PE mode
Saturday, September 08, 2012 11:05 PM
I put the ported blower on finally, and everything was fine. About 7 miles into the test drive, pop a p0122 TPS switch low voltage code, and car jumps to PE mode instant 10s on the wideband. Replace TPS and good to go? what do you guys think?

Re: TPS p0122 code and PE mode
Sunday, September 09, 2012 6:23 AM
Welcome to the GM crapflash...
Sunday, September 09, 2012 8:02 AM
I should expand.....Thats exactly what most people get on the reflash. I get it once and a while but only once did I get the code as well. Usually happens if your "blipping" the throttle.

I wouldnt worry about it. When it happens pull over and turn the car off and then back on.

Proceed with a tune when it annoys you too much
Sunday, September 09, 2012 11:04 AM
MOST people dont get that. A few have. However, I believe that this isnt a REFLASH issue as much as a TPS issue. The TPS sensor is reading low voltage and that is what the computer is reporting. So it is jumping to PE mode to protect itself. My dad cleaned my TB while we were swapping, and dropped it about 3-4 inches from where he was working to his workbench, it might have landed on/hit the sensor and jarred things around a bit. its a 130k miles sensor so maybe it just went bad after be jostled around... The reason i dont believe that it is a reflash issue is because it has happened to my buddy that is NA as well.

Sunday, September 09, 2012 11:25 AM
Ok..well you can go buy a new sensor and put it in if that's what you feel is causing it.

Did the problem go away after you restarted the car??

As for most people getting it or not. I shouldn't say most, but it isn't uncommon.
Sunday, September 09, 2012 11:27 AM
The problem went away when i let off the gas a bit or shifted. Ive had the reflash for over a year and this is the FIRST time i have ever had any issues at all. So the fact that i didnt have to restart the car tells me that it probably is only the TPS or wiring.

Sunday, September 09, 2012 11:30 AM
That would suggest that its a bad spot in the tps then.

When the reflash starts to act up it doesn't matter what part of throttle you put it, it will not run correctly. the only thing that will fix it is to turn the car off.
Sunday, September 09, 2012 11:33 AM
thats not what mine is doing

Sunday, September 09, 2012 9:36 PM
OMG BEAST MODE!!!! car is awesome now! tps was cracked. replaced it and car is good to go....gonna give a few days before a bag on it at all, but it feel and sounds awesome even at half throttle!

Sunday, September 09, 2012 11:57 PM
So anyways, the issue is fixed as far as i am concernd. Replaced the TPS and all it well.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search