Saab Turbo - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Saab Turbo
Friday, September 14, 2012 6:30 PM
Ok, got some quick questions (did some searching already and couldn't find the answers).

I've been thinking of putting a Saab setup onto my 05 eco Sunfire and I was at the junk yard today and found a 9-3 with the engine still in it. Asked how much it would be to have them rip it (mani, turbo and dp) for me and the guy said $500. The vehicle in question didn't have the trunk anymore so I don't know if it's an i, t, or T.

Questions:
1) is there a way to find out which engine/turbo is in it via VIN or any other markers/indications on the vehicle itself.
2) I've read that the stock turbo has a bov on the compressor housing; is there a way to block it off to run an aftermarket or run it back to the intake pipe (for the silent sleeper).
3) other than the major hardware previously listed, is there anything else I'll need off the vehicle other than injectors, oil/coolant lines and possibly intake mani.
4) is it at all possible to rip it myself (with hand tools) so that I don't have to pay them to do it and if so what would I need (so that I don't take unnecessary tools with me).

thanks
Duane

Re: Saab Turbo
Friday, September 14, 2012 8:13 PM
1)Look at the turbo. One will say Garrett and the other will say Mitsubishi tdo4-14t I think
2)Why block it off? You can block it off with a simple plate. But for what point. Stock is very sleeperish. Want a bit more noise run a mopar bov plate.
3) turbo, exhaust mani, oil lines, coolant lines, injectors, tb intercooler rubber piece, intake manifold.
4)It is possible very easily. As for what tools basic hand tools.

**Please for the love of all that is holy......read and search the forums on this stuff, its been gone over forward and backwards every other day.
Re: Saab Turbo
Saturday, September 15, 2012 11:29 PM
i have all that for sale cheaper than the junkyard... and the downpipe from the saab will not fit anyways so you would be wasting your money and end up having to get one built....pm me and i ran an hks bov the entire time i had a saab turbo....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search