crankcase ventilation - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
crankcase ventilation
Friday, September 21, 2012 2:58 PM
ive been reading up on how to vent the crankcase and im getting all the parts together, so far i have a baffled catch can,hoses,a spare valve cover that i am going to add additional ports too for venting to the catch can. after reading a couple of other threads ive seen others putting a check valve in. my question is, what is every one running for this and where can i get my hands on one? also is there any specifics on what ill need when buying one?

Re: crankcase ventilation
Friday, September 21, 2012 3:20 PM
i don't have a check valve, and i don't know why you would need a check valve if you are hooked to a constant source of vacuum. if you are tied into constant vacuum, nothing can go backwards. are you maybe confusing a check valve on an added vent system with the check valve in the LSJ manifold that prevents boost from pressurizing the crankcase?

Friday, September 21, 2012 3:59 PM
i mite be, right now my setup is from the pcv barb on the valve cover to my catch can then to a nipple on my intake before tb and when the car is sitting at idle it starts smoking from under the oil cap due to it forcing its way out.
Friday, September 21, 2012 8:35 PM
id check the lines for clogs, and then take your intake manifold off and check there to see if any of those passages are clogged.

Saturday, September 22, 2012 5:28 AM
can it become blocked with a supercharger?
Saturday, September 22, 2012 5:17 PM
changed the hoses out from 3/8 to 1/2inch and it seems to be working fine now
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search