m62 with stock tune - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
m62 with stock tune
Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:29 PM
Hey so my ecm fuel injector driver crapped out. So I put my old stock ecm in and I am going to drive down the road and get my ecm reflashed to the crap flash. I just put it in and my driver issue seem resolved but the o2 sensors are pegged and its idleing kind of funny. Racing up and down almost like a vac leak. I unplugged the tmap as the instructions say to do when u drive up for the reflash. Is it normal for my car to act like that because of the bigger than stock injectors and lack of iat and map? Or is something ELSE wrong? I'm not getting any misfires.

Re: m62 with stock tune
Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:34 PM
no its right. it should idle strangely because the computer SEES all kinds of fuel, and is trying to take it away. you are fine, just leave the TMAP unplugged and you are good to go.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:40 PM
Sweet thanks!
Wednesday, September 26, 2012 9:05 AM
So I drive it to the dealer wait 2 hours while they re-flash my car. Guy comes out and says it's done the latest calibration is installed. Hook the TMAP back up and the car starts and immediately dies. Turns out they put the latest stock calibration on it.... I had to leave the car there to get them to re-flash it. I'm pretty sure I read that's what happens with the stock tune and the TMAP plugged in.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search