Oil adapter Fitting- GB Interest? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Oil adapter Fitting- GB Interest?
Wednesday, October 03, 2012 9:55 AM

A member here told me about a problem he was having with his turbo feed line. He is using the oil pressure sender location to get his oil feed. On the Ecotec, I believe that is what he has, it uses a 12x1.75 thread. so he wanted to go to 12x1.75 to a -4. Here is what we came up with. Its a simple -4 x 12x1.75 Fitting

Please let me know if you are interested

Specs: Aluminum 6061-T6
Threads: 12x1.75 Male, -4AN male
Process: CNC lathe
Price: $22.95

Pics:

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/

Re: Oil adapter Fitting- GB Interest?
Wednesday, October 03, 2012 10:52 AM
Hell of a place to get the oil feed from, front right above the pan and god that would have to be like a 5 foot line going all the way over the engine or around and to the back??

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 11:13 AM
Nice part!!

I agree that location is not best, but this plug can be used in other locations.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 12:19 PM
That part could be used in any oil galley fitting on the motor...would def make things easier cause there's less adapter to use.
Wednesday, October 03, 2012 1:28 PM
I would like to know where guys.

The rear galley plugs are out because the water pipe would obstruct, thats why the Saab set up uses a banjo style bolt

The front galley plugs are obstructed by the intake manifold as I recall when I tried to put my sender in

And the trans side is too low pressure from what I gather

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 3:54 PM
jason norwood wrote:I would like to know where guys.

The rear galley plugs are out because the water pipe would obstruct, thats why the Saab set up uses a banjo style bolt

The front galley plugs are obstructed by the intake manifold as I recall when I tried to put my sender in

And the trans side is too low pressure from what I gather

The head. Thats what we usually use. Block has way too much oil pressure.

I also know people with turbo setups that have used the ones on the back side.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 5:59 PM
That's weird, why does the Saab turbo use the block??

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 7:51 PM
jason norwood wrote:That's weird, why does the Saab turbo use the block??

I do not know and do not care. I have seen oil seals blown out using the block.

FU Tuning

Thursday, October 04, 2012 1:21 PM
Is that with a journal or ball bearing turbo?

If its a journal, that is probably an issue with the oil return line being too small rather than too much pressure.

ZZP takes oil from the back oil gallery plugs for all their turbo setups without issue.

Not trying to pick a fight, just stating a point.

Thursday, October 04, 2012 4:25 PM
Mines off the front of the block and its I want to say 75 cold start, 45 warmed up. Have yet to drive on it but Ill post up when I get to. The guys that were going to rebuild my turbo said flood a journal bearing. You should never have to worry about too much pressure, just need to worry about it draining out of there. My feed is a -3 an and return is a -10 i believe.

Thursday, October 04, 2012 4:58 PM
75 cold will peg 100+psi with a light rev. 45 warm will be close to 100 under hard reving.

FU Tuning

Thursday, October 04, 2012 6:13 PM
at the sensor it will yes.... but by the time it travels through the line and opens into the turbo it wont be at that. Plus it can flow 100 if it wants as long as the oil has a way out of the turbo it wont matter. the way the seals will blow is if the drain cant keep up with the feed.

Thursday, October 04, 2012 7:27 PM
The feed for my turbo is off the back of the block on my LNF. I am running a Gt30r and I have a restrictor at the turbo with a -4an feed. I have my pressure sensor off the front of the block. Once its warmed up it sits at 25-30 psi at idle and around 60 psi when driving. My lsj with the same turbo kit was around the same.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search